joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of the HRRR run looks good for you guys. Pretty interested in seeing what happens. This forum comes alive for a SNE snowstorm. Should be a good one, especially how this year has gone. Most of you will be able to enjoy good snow cover, too, especially for the upcoming cold pattern.

hrrr_ptype_neng_16.png

Well considering 97% of the posters live in SNE that makes sense

End of the HRRR run looks good for you guys.  Pretty interested in seeing what happens.  This forum comes alive for a SNE snowstorm.  Should be a good one, especially how this year has gone.  Most of you will be able to enjoy good snow cover, too, especially for the upcoming cold pattern.

attachicon.gifhrrr_ptype_neng_16.png

Yea the HRRR has continued to look pretty impressive in the later forecast period. Already plenty of places b/w 0.10-0.25" liquid equivalent before the main stuff moves in. I'd be very happy to be in W or C MA for this event. Mixing by 1300 UTC looks to be bisecting CT and RI. 

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/lb13_img/hrrr/hrrr_ncep_refl_alb.php

hrrr_ncep_refl_KALB_61.png

End of the HRRR run looks good for you guys.  Pretty interested in seeing what happens.  This forum comes alive for a SNE snowstorm.  Should be a good one, especially how this year has gone.  Most of you will be able to enjoy good snow cover, too, especially for the upcoming cold pattern.

attachicon.gifhrrr_ptype_neng_16.png

another high res model showing dynamic cooling near the heaviest precip

i'm not expecting a clean mixing line given what the high res models are showing... more "pockety"

. It's been pretty evident that this would be the case given what the models have been showing the last day or so. 850mb maps have shown pockets of below 0c implying dynamic cooling. To me that's a negative and I'd hedge lower on totals.

. It's been pretty evident that this would be the case given what the models have been showing the last day or so. 850mb maps have shown pockets of below 0c implying dynamic cooling. To me that's a negative and I'd hedge lower on totals.

Why would dynamic cooling imply lower totals? Not knocking, just curious. Do you mean north of the Pike?

Archived