joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Discussion for Late January into February

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first system is about 102-114 hours out and the 2nd system is 150-162 hours out...lets keep the model run in perspective.

Bah. The more excited everyone gets, the more epic the meltdowns will be if it misses.

Where did the surface low at 192 come from? On the freebie maps, it looks like it literally appears out of nowhere...does the Tuesday storm get shoved south from the GOM?

As it should be... ;)

Honestly snow maps this far out are almost worthless.

yes granted but someone posted that it was a region wide event and it very possibly could be but the Euro was definitely producing more precipitation over Eastern sections than western. it was definitely a region wide event but much more significant in Eastern sections that places near the New York state border.

Save a ride for the euro and it's posse of 51 friends.

Needle threader or not the evolution of the Euro is certainly a nice change in the overall mundane. Energized systems with deep low pressure, transient blocks too. Um where have we heard that before. 

Well, I walk into the room

Passing out hundred dollar bills

And it kills and it thrills like the horns on my Silverado grill

And I buy the bar a double round of crown

And everybody's getting down 

An' this town ain't never gonna be the same.

Cause I saddle up my horse

and I ride into the city

I make a lot of noise

Cause the girls

They are so pretty

Riding up and down Broadway

on my old stud Leroy

And the girls say

Save a horse, Ride the Euro

Everybody says

Save a horse, Ride the Euro

Bah. The more excited everyone gets, the more epic the meltdowns will be if it misses.

Where did the surface low at 192 come from? On the freebie maps, it looks like it literally appears out of nowhere...does the Tuesday storm get shoved south from the GOM?

Another piece of energy dives into the base of the trough of the departing system and tries to fire another storm E of NC...but its for the fishes.

As for getting excited...wait until we are inside of 3-4 days with good model agreement. These are the types of storms I'm talking about when I mention how everyone gets excited following D6-7 Euro storms nowadays because everyone has graphics for the Euro now.

We barely even mentioned these storms in the past...usually if we did, it was with the lead-in "for entertainment purposes, in clown range the Euro has a nice snowstorm".

There's some long-wave pattern support for the storm on 1/26-27...we've been mentioning it, but it is only support and it doesn't guarantee a thing.

??? it s a phase of northern and southern stream energy

Another piece of energy dives into the base of the trough of the departing system and tries to fire another storm E of NC...but its for the fishes.

As for getting excited...wait until we are inside of 3-4 days with good model agreement. These are the types of storms I'm talking about when I mention how everyone gets excited following D6-7 Euro storms nowadays because everyone has graphics for the Euro now.

We barely even mentioned these storms in the past...usually if we did, it was with the lead-in "for entertainment purposes, in clown range the Euro has a nice snowstorm".

There's some long-wave pattern support for the storm on 1/26-27...we've been mentioning it, but it is only support and it doesn't guarantee a thing.

No, I agree...but the first storm isn't D6-7 anymore. I want models showing hits at this time frame.

No, I agree...but the first storm isn't D6-7 anymore. I want models showing hits at this time frame.

First storm has much less pattern support...which is why we are saying it is a thread the needle type event. For a "thread the needle" type event, having a hit at 108 hours isn't very convincing yet. It's nice that it shows it, but no way anyone should have their hopes up on that one yet.

Not many I-95 snowstorms feature a low near CYUL. Pretty crappy setup for a snowstorm IMO. 

Its fine because its too far away to phase in and also far enoguh away at least on much of the guidance now that it doesn't kick the storm out...no doubt its much more likely to act as a kicker here than a phaser.

Not many I-95 snowstorms feature a low near CYUL. Pretty crappy setup for a snowstorm IMO. 

Had to look up CYUL. Turns out -- get this folks -- that Montreal has an airport. Wild times we live in, letting the Quebecois take flight.

Anyhow, you're right. It isn't a classic setup for treats.

I haven't seen later frames for the second one... does that H shove east as things go down, or does it anchor back well N/NW of the track?

It stays NW of the track...the 2nd storm is pretty textbook on that run for major snow right to the coast.

Gonna have to stress how much better that second storm looks. First storm is gonna give many gray hairs. 

It would be funny if the first storm threads the needle and the other doesn't come together in the end.

Many would be fine with that (not me by the looks of it), but that second storm is pretty classic as modeled. Only 14 more Euro runs to survive. I'm sure that will happen

It stays NW of the track...the 2nd storm is pretty textbook on that run for major snow right to the coast.

Sounds good to me. The strange thing is that I suddenly find myself hopeful for the Saturday system not to wiggle too much... not because I expect it to deliver, but moreso because if that evolution is what sets the groundwork for storm two, you could argue that too great a deviation for Saturday from what's currently projected could then ripple forth to shake up Tuesday.

Saturday doesn't have to thread the needle, but I want the thread and the needle at least having some drinks, getting to know each other, hand on thigh.

Archived