joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
JAN 23-24 anyone ?

DTWXRISK

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pretty much have no stance on threats outside 72 hours and even then there are pretty significant fluctuations. Huge storm probably unlikely with the pattern. Otherwise have no clue

No doubt. I've had zero interest for days on this one. I won't be the least surprised or upset if/when it does nothing. 

I do like the 25th-28th. That's shaping up to be at least a legitimate window.

Pretty much the only way to go. 72 hrs. It has been frustrating to see the flip flop in the models, so much so that you don't want to look anymore.

I like to see precip overrun from the Tennessee valley in advance of the coastal. I'll get excited when there are blues in southwest Virginia making a beeline for us.

10 solids and another 5 lesser or very close by. Night and day compared to last night. MSLP track is from the FL panhandle to just off obx on up. A bit east but considering how different from last night, it's night and day.

Still not a good storm setup for us. We would have to luck into it in many ways in out area. 

I count around 20 members with 2" or more hits at DCA, which is decent (~40%)

OK, I'll give the math a shot.

33.5* lat, 75* lon at 120 to 42*lat, 55*lon at 144 = I'm not very interested.

:lol:

I'm almost there with you after my initial excitement.  I was just happen to see something on the models...but I dunno..we've kinda been through this exercise before.  We take a step forward then tonight, we'll take 4 steps back.  Repeat.    I think the 72 hour benchmark is a good one.

Seems like everytime we take a step forward and think things may be trending for us, we take 2 steps back. Hopefully the next cycle of runs can pick up where they left off.

I'm almost there with you after my initial excitement.  I was just happen to see something on the models...but I dunno..we've kinda been through this exercise before.  We take a step forward then tonight, we'll take 4 steps back.  Repeat.    I think the 72 hour benchmark is a good one.

We either have ESP and I don't know it, or you're copying my posts! Second time in 2 days! Lulz

I will never fall for the Euro ens. again after the mid-late Dec. (21st?) fail.

There is pretty much no way to predict what the models will do in the next 120 hours so how invested we are In the event is wholly irrelevant. Is there anyone who isn't going to follow the Models regularly at this point anyway? I don't like s huge event based on the pattern but otherwise it will either come west or it won't.

Well GFS has it, but it is of no use to us.  Slides right

When can we start using "S and E" bias for the new GFS?

It was a jump north though and h5 improved. Too bad the midlevels are trashed by the low to the north so nobody has a chance on the run. I'll hug the 10 euro ensemble members that give me snow and toss everything else for now. 

Archived