Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Clipper System 1/21

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it was a joke about the 18z NAM.

But that's why we were saying to just keep an eye on it. It's a decent s/w, so any slight change in the height field over the northeast, and you can get some snow out of it.

Yeah it was a joke about the 18z NAM.

But that's why we were saying to just keep an eye on it. It's a decent s/w, so any slight change in the height field over the northeast, and you can get some snow out of it.

Well at least for southern areas of SNE it'll be nice to whiten things right back up again after yesterday..and hopefully this thing can spread snow farther north too up north of pike..Seems like that is the trend

The GFS is all over the place. At times, a nice low, other times a fropa. I'm not specifically talking about impacts to our region..I just mean how it's handling the low.

Define nice. It's never looked very good to me on the GFS. Or the CMC for that matter, which is also still a weak whiff.

Define nice. It's never looked very good to me on the GFS. Or the CMC for that matter, which is also still a weak whiff.

Just low pressure in general.  It had everything from a well defined low at 18z just south, to what almost is an inv trough at 6z with the low well ESE of us. Yesterday morning at 6z had a fropa for us. I'm looking at it from the big picture..no necessarily what the impacts here are. AT least the euro has had the low idea, just shifting around a bit.

We'll see what the GFS and EURO do at 12z. Still sort of unsure of what exactly this is going to do. Euro and Nam both have precip lingering over eastern mass. Euro is a more widespread snowfall than the Nam which is encouraging.

I think a general 1-3" over pretty much the entire general region is the best educated guess right now.

I take back the south of the pike comment.

A coating will probably do it for most...oh well it's that type of winter. The Euro should wrap the hopes up for most of us today which is one good thing, one way or the other. If it trends favorably, that will certainly show this has potential. If it goes the other way like every other storm this winter, this potential is History.

Archived