• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

mackerel_sky

It's possible, but I can only remember 3 real March events in SC in the last 30 years. They are 1983,1993, and 2009. We had snow in March of 2010, but that melted as it fell in most of this state.

Technically 1983 wasn't in the last 30 years. In the last 30 years, I can only recall one decent snowfall IMBY and that was in 1993. Snow past Mid February is very unusual at least for my location. I mean, it's unusual any time of the year but past mid february it's extremely rare.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind see a nice ull swing through like in 2009. Although it didn't snow a long time it was very heavy snow under the deformation band. Still holding out hope for a traditional miller a. We've got another 1.5 months to get it done. Hopefully we can get some blocking and a strong hp that isn't transient.

Although I'm not pulling for a screwjob in NE, the melt would be epic to read. I know how I felt last year when I thought we were going to get 10-12 inches and ended up with 1" of snow and 2" of sleet. I wish I could be disappointed with only a foot of snow like some posters are saying on the other boards.

Technically 1983 wasn't in the last 30 years. In the last 30 years, I can only recall one decent snowfall IMBY and that was in 1993. Snow past Mid February is very unusual at least for my location. I mean, it's unusual any time of the year but past mid february it's extremely rare.

Snowstorm,

I definitely don't think getting sticking snow in either late Feb or March is that unusual, especially when you consider those two periods, combined. But your back yard may be very different.

CMC has our storm, but not HP.

P6_GZ_D5_PN_180_0000.gif

This 180 hour map bothers me because of the lack of cold high pressure already bringing down a good supply of cold air. That's why a place like Atlanta could get very little, if any snow, with a setup like this. It is deceiving at least for that location and those nearby.

Anyone have the 850's for both 168 and 180 hours Canadian? I expect the 0c line will be north of ATL.

One thing I'm not liking on the GFS/Euro consensus is the loss of the monster 1055-60 highs. That is likely not good news for the SE.

This 180 hour map bothers me because of the lack of cold high pressure already bringing down a good supply of cold air. That's why a place like Atlanta could get very little, if any snow, with a setup like this. It is deceiving at least for that location and those nearby.

Anyone have the 850's for both 168 and 180 hours Canadian?

850s don't get below 0c until 186 for Atlanta.

Is Brick an experienced Caver? And a Ukrainian?http://science.nationalgeographic.com/science/earth/surface-of-the-earth/deepest-cave/#page=1

...At the start of the expedition, Alexander Karpechenko, whose nickname is “Brick,” exulted in getting his hands on a brand new gasoline-powered hammer that he planned to use to bore holes for explosives to free up tight passages. Team members in nearby Snow Cave cleared blasted rubble from a passage that had been blocked by a “boulder choke.”...

Were are the North Georgia peeps! Winter weather advisory out for them.

Is it wrong everytime I hear N GA mentioned I think of.....

thumbnail_3047409266477838152.jpg

The intro to that show is very applicable to this winter...

My dreams are all dead and buried,

Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode,

When God comes and calls me to his kingdom,

I'll take all you sons a' bitches when I go, let her blow

Archived