• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

mackerel_sky

Didnt mean to come off that way. The way you made your comment was like this site wasnt fun to you.. i was saying it must be cause you are here.

I find both sites fun in different ways, personally. Some people prefer tighter moderation and some people like looser (the other site obviously being looser while this is a tighter ship). I can see value to both and don't really have a huge preference.

I've been to some Lord of the Flies forums in the past that are virtual anarchy, though. Don't really care for that.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find both sites fun in different ways, personally. Some people prefer tighter moderation and some people like looser (the other site obviously being looser while this is a tighter ship). I can see value to both and don't really have a huge preference.

I've been to some Lord of the Flies forums in the past that are virtual anarchy, though. Don't really care for that.

At least on this forum you only get a 5 day ban instead of a 30 day ban ! How ridiculous. Oh and you don't even get a warning on the other forum. What a bunch of jerks.

If thats what you call fun you can have it... when i go in a storm thread i want to read about the storm not everyones banter.. here you can read about the pattern models runs and you got a banter thread.. its organized and thats whats fun to me.. dont get me wrong there are some educated people over there and i love learning from them but when some one takes the time like the mods do here to provide a well groomed forum it makes you appreciate it a little more... just a matter of opinions. If this board isnt fun why are you still here?

I agree...but I've never really been on any other boards, just lurked and didn't care to register until recently. Followed everyone from easternuswx to here, the group here is good enough for me! I like tighter moderation and organized disco because I don't have all day to read 5 pages and get 2 quality posts out of them....it's all personal preference though, I find some people really enjoy bantering almost more than PBP or pattern disco.

Hey im not trying to ruffle any feathers here.. i respect everyone here and i really appreciate everyone taking time to educate people like me.i didnt know jack about weather patterns or models 5yrs ago but now i got a good understanding thanks to yall..

No problems tim.  I don't think you've ruffled any feathers.

For those who may be concerned, a model recap:

12z EC: Zero snowflakes for the Charlotte area

12z EC Ctrl run: Zero snowflakes for the Charlotte area.

12z GFS: Zero snowflakes for the Charlotte area

12z GEM: Zero snowflakes for the Charlotte area

Is this for next weekend ? How are things looking for Nashville ?

For those who may be concerned, a model recap:

12z EC: Zero snowflakes for the Charlotte area

12z EC Ctrl run: Zero snowflakes for the Charlotte area.

12z GFS: Zero snowflakes for the Charlotte area

12z GEM: Zero snowflakes for the Charlotte area

How much snow for Waycross?

This site was out for 6 hours earlier? Wow.

I only posted "site isn't working right" once and it bred and multiplied.

Something still isn't fixed (just in case some IT person is looking)

Jon - if you're on board - a PM showed up from you and then vanished as I opened, so I could not read it; resend once the site is working, please.

Phil

Isn't it amazing how we had soooooo much model agreement of a 10 day storm and now we have just about every solution possible on the table. I find Webbers analysis very interesting with him stating that we likely wouldn't see a Miller A even when all the models were showing it a few days ago

And the fact that is was 10 days out! The only way we get a storm is for it to show up 72 hours out like this potentially historic storm for the NE. :lol:

And the fact that is was 10 days out! The only way we get a storm is for it to show up 72 hours out like this potentially historic storm for the NE. :lol:

Yep it really is pretty sad how pathetic these $$$$ models are beyond 3 days. Guess it just goes to show that the weather is going to do what the weather wants to do, period. Guess this hobby wouldn't be so addicting if it weren't for all the roller coaster rides.

'Tis ultimately the truth, though, on the aggregate across the world... verification scores.

Anyways, what are we going to do when/if the Euro shows a cutter tonight? :yikes:

We won't get solid runs until the shortwaves are properly sampled and we need the MA and NE to get there 2-3 feet and let that storm re shuffle up the pattern, then Monday clipper will set the stage, and the 2nd storm will produce, due to all the snowcover laid down by the clipper!

We won't get solid runs until the shortwaves are properly sampled and we need the MA and NE to get there 2-3 feet and let that storm re shuffle up the pattern, then Monday clipper will set the stage, and the 2nd storm will produce, due to all the snowcover laid down by the clipper!

Very true.  The models probably aren't picking up on the bird migrations which will be caused by the NE's megabomb.  The bird migrations will disrupt the wind patterns in such a way that we see a more favorable trough alignment in the east.

Watching the NYC Metro forum setting themselves up to be bitterly disappointed if they get 18" of snow. In the last hour I read:

this will be biblical

might not see this again in our lifetime

some spots will top 40"

winds could exceed hurricane force

12 foot drifts, people trapped in their homes

A couple of guys said they were actually crying while looking at the models. And they weren't kidding. lol

Watching the NYC Metro forum setting themselves up to be bitterly disappointed if they get 18" of snow. In the last hour I read:

this will be biblical

might not see this again in our lifetime

some spots will top 40"

winds could exceed hurricane force

12 foot drifts, people trapped in their homes

A couple of guys said they were actually crying while looking at the models. And they weren't kidding. lol

I think a lot of people in this forum are crying while looking at the models too.

Archived