Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See the problem is you never look back, research or use the search feature. Last year if a thread was made for every potential storm that popped up in the 7-10 day time frame and I wanted to find the thread for our storm it would be very annoying trying to find the thread for it. That's really the reason threads shouldn't be started so early. It just clutters up the board making it tough to find what you're searching for relating to storms that actually happened. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend?

Burger,

That's one way to look at it and makes sense. OTOH, the main threads, themselves, wouldn't be as cluttered. Also, since a lot of the 7-10 day threats would end up as nothing, it would give us an idea of how rare they actually verify and gives us an easier to find record of the many failures. I guess I'm saying that as is the case for most issues, this isn't black and white.

I think the current threads setup is a good compromise. It is keeping the pattern thread relatively free of clutter. What do others think?

Regarding that other bb, people should keep in mind that there is pretty good overlap of peeps. It isn't as if the BB's have almost all posting on only one of the two.

Classic.

No listen I don't hide jealousy when it comes to weather. If Boston gets that 2-3 feet and we get 12" I would be devastated. Yes 12" is better than nothing. But damn it I am just east of Nassau County in Suffolk. If less than 18" I will be crying in my beer. It HAS to be this storm. We don't get that many opportunities like this!

Thats funny being twc had the bullseye over nyc.. boston is no stranger to big snows as well as the whole ne.. i hate how twc over hypes winter storms for the ne.. rant over

TWC has had excellent coverage today. They are getting the message out for a potentially historic storm so of course they will be hyping it. And not sure where you saw a bullseye over NYC. The bulleyes was over Boston. NYC only has 18-24 while BOS has 2ft+ area.

The 12z GGEM fringes NYC. Destroys everyone N/E.

The NYC thread is interesting right now.

For the city it still shows 10-12", but yeah 0z showed 20"+.  Are they really complaining about 10"+?

0z on top 12z on bottom.  I would be hugging whatever the Euro and RGEM show.  I assume those two models are still good for PHL-NYC-BOS.

post-2311-0-24008400-1422204595_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-02734000-1422204600_thumb.pn

The recent developments are but one example of many real life examples that show that what is great for the NE US is often bad news for the SE US. I have found very little correlation between seasonal anomaly %'s of wintry precip in the NE vs that in the SE. If anything, there may very well be somewhat of a negative correlation though I don't know if it goes quite that far. But I do know that when the positive anomalies concentrate in the SE that often the NE suffers.

The recent developments are but one example of many real life examples that show that what is great for the NE US is often bad news for the SE US. I have found very little correlation between seasonal anomaly %'s of wintry precip in the NE vs that in the SE. If anything, there may very well be somewhat of a negative correlation though I don't know if it goes quite that far. But I do know that when the positive anomalies concentrate in the SE that often the NE suffers.

Up until this upcoming blizzard, the NE, Bos, NY, Phil, etc, were only about 1/4-1/8th of their avg snow to date. So maybe we can catch up in march!?

Up until this upcoming blizzard, the NE, Bos, NY, Phil, etc, were only about 1/4-1/8th of their avg snow to date. So maybe we can catch up in march!?

It's possible, but I can only remember 3 real March events in SC in the last 30 years. They are 1983,1993, and 2009. We had snow in March of 2010, but that melted as it fell in most of this state.

Archived