Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for everyone north of NC/VA line it' much different...from Allan...

Over the next 9days starting from 7am this morning the 12z ECMWF shows 2-3 feet of snow from NJ up I-95 into Maine with Boston the epicenter

Yeah but I don't care bout them. I only care about the SE.

This certainly does not belong anywhere but Banter - and it's marginal here, granted.

There's all sorts of disco about "cold" (Euro/GEFS/CFS) in other threads. I look at the models and see potential "cold" ("potential" since the models have not fared too well this year).

I guess my question is, how "cold" is cold", how far south does it get, and is it a transient shot or is there something to start blocking and locking?

I can answer my question on what I'm seeing -  not too cold south of central NC, and it looks in and out.

But I may be soooooo wrong.

If anyone wants to shed some light on specifics, well, it would be most appreciated.

This certainly does not belong anywhere but Banter - and it's marginal here, granted.

There's all sorts of disco about "cold" (Euro/GEFS/CFS) in other threads. I look at the models and see potential "cold" ("potential" since the models have not fared too well this year).

I guess my question is, how "cold" is cold", how far south does it get, and is it a transient shot or is there something to start blocking and locking?

I can answer my question on what I'm seeing -  not too cold south of central NC, and it looks in and out.

But I may be soooooo wrong.

If anyone wants to shed some light on specifics, well, it would be most appreciated.

I'll just add that the gfs has caved toward the euro wrt to storms recently and now the euro shows suppressed while gfs has rain (NC).  One has got to cave to the other. You really think the euro backs off this cold suppression?

If thats what you call fun you can have it... when i go in a storm thread i want to read about the storm not everyones banter.. here you can read about the pattern models runs and you got a banter thread.. its organized and thats whats fun to me.. dont get me wrong there are some educated people over there and i love learning from them but when some one takes the time like the mods do here to provide a well groomed forum it makes you appreciate it a little more... just a matter of opinions. If this board isnt fun why are you still here?

If thats what you call fun you can have it... when i go in a storm thread i want to read about the storm not everyones banter.. here you can read about the pattern models runs and you got a banter thread.. its organized and thats whats fun to me.. dont get me wrong there are some educated people over there and i love learning from them but when some one takes the time like the mods do here to provide a well groomed forum it makes you appreciate it a little more... just a matter of opinions. If this board isnt fun why are you still here?

That's why we try so hard to stay organized here: who cares to weed through 2 pages of banter just to find relevant information.

Why so serious?

If you don't like it, then don't post there. It's simple, really.

Archived