Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Banter

mackerel_sky

You think so?  

My gut instinct senses a new trend, but having been on this carnival ride of models in the past I'm also thinking wild swings might be afoot.  Could be a crazy weekend of modeling coming up.  :pimp:

This is one of those times when you are glad it's 8+ days away.  The solutions it is spitting out are not going to be right, so rejoice.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I have found myself a mission. I am going to try to keep track of when a potential winter storm first shows up on the models, and then see how many days out it can get the storm right if the storm actually happens. Then it could give us a good idea of how far out a storm can first show on the models and end up happening.

I think I have found myself a mission. I am going to try to keep track of when a potential winter storm first shows up on the models, and then see how many days out it can get the storm right if the storm actually happens. Then it could give us a good idea of how far out a storm can first show on the models and end up happening.

A quick question... Don't you have to look at the models to determine when a winter storm first shows up? If not your whole exercise is based on hearsay. :)

I don't know for some reason that whole SW cutoff fixture looks pretty robust and fixed. Plus it looks like both the GFS and EURO agree on it. I would think the models have to change pretty substantially to get us back in the game IMO.

It's not going to be sitting there and burying on every run between now and Feb 2 , on any model. That's one positive, there will be good runs, it couldn't get any worse than today's !

Are you for real? Claiming this for my sig

Put it on an excel spreadsheet, and share with us!

Such ambitions for someone who can't read a model!

It went ok...definitely getting some senioritis in my last semester of didactic work. Studying is getting oldddd after a decade of college.

:facepalm:                                                                                                                                    :clap:

Huh huh huh you said weed huh huh huh huh

you're quicker than most ....

They'll stone you when you're trying to be so good

They'll stone you just like they said they would

They'll stone you when you're trying to get the weather

They'll stone you when there's nothin' better

But I would not feel so all alone

Everybody must get .....

No. They were waiting for me to arrive. I'm here guys. You can start posting again!

Sup.  Shall we chat about the snow/sleet moving through N MS, N AL, and W TN tonight?

Looks like a screwjob is ongoing in NOVA.  WSWs hoisted with just sleet falling mixing with rain...  Winchester has been all liquid so far, it appears, despite being under a WSW for 3-6".  Maybe it'll turn around.  Rough.  What a terrible storm!

Sup. Shall we chat about the snow/sleet moving through N MS, N AL, and W TN tonight?

Looks like a screwjob is ongoing in NOVA. WSWs hoisted with just sleet falling mixing with rain... Winchester has been all liquid so far, it appears, despite being under a WSW for 3-6". Maybe it'll turn around. Rough. What a terrible storm!

Yeah we can lol. Our temperature just sky rocketed up to 71 degrees. No snow/sleet here. Well we do have a chance at sleet because snowstorm2011 got sleet in 50 degrees.

Archived