northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been on weather boards for years and love winter weather events.  If you're a winter lover like myself, I don't care what you say on the board, deep down you're disappointed when the models shift like today.  Can things change in future runs? Sure.  But you see that foot of snow the models were giving you yesterday taken away today, you can't help but to feel some disappointment.  Of course, this is just my opinion.  If this makes me a weenie so be it.  At least I'm an honest weenie.

I've been on weather boards for years and love winter weather events. If you're a winter lover like myself, I don't care what you say on the board, deep down you're disappointed when the models shift like today. Can things change in future runs? Sure. But you see that foot of snow the models were giving you yesterday taken away today, you can't help but to feel some disappointment. Of course, this is just my opinion. If this makes me a weenie so be it. At least I'm an honest weenie.

Agreed , but with 10 days to go , you won't see 40 runs of GFS or 20 runs of the Euro, showing just a clipper! With energy held back, there will be some blockbuster runs between now and go time! Will that happen, maybe , maybe not! Still one to watch and atleast we can track some arctic air!

Agreed , but with 10 days to go , you won't see 40 runs of GFS or 20 runs of the Euro, showing just a clipper! With energy held back, there will be some blockbuster runs between now and go time! Will that happen, maybe , maybe not! Still one to watch and atleast we can track some arctic air!

Agree, it can change and will change.  I've seen it many times.  I was just stating it always sucks when you feel a storm slipping through your fingers.

Is everyone else getting slow and non reachable response to WeatherTap today?

I first noticed it yesterday afternoon where it was non-responsive of slow at best.

The same issue exists today and I have tried through 3 routing methods and multiple work stations or devices and all receive the same poor or non-existent response.

FYI that I just heard back from Josh at WeatherTap.

They experienced a Denial of Service Attack around 200pm Thursday afternoon and are still reeling from the impact from it.

He said they hoped to have everything back to normal later this Friday evening.

FYI that I just heard back from Josh at WeatherTap.

They experienced a Denial of Service Attack around 200pm Thursday afternoon and are still reeling from the impact from it.

He said they hoped to have everything back to normal later this Friday evening.

We have those here at work almost daily. 

Archived