Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TWC has rain/snow in my forecast for the 1st... Only 9 days away now.

Yep. Same here. I looked at next Sunday nights forecast and it says, "rain and snow becoming a steady snow over night. Accumulations of 1-3" I got a little excited even though it's TWC!

Not this time. Looks more like the Euro. We can't get a good look inside 5 days.

The gfs has had this storm for a while. It has one bad run! The euro will come around next run. We have good agreemant and a good setup. Like Aaron Rodgers said "relax" relax we got this.

Do yourselves a favor and stop looking at op models thus far out. It's relaxing. I couldn't handle looking at more D10 op runs after doing that for today's cold rain storm.

Thank you! Pack has a point we have energy and cold. It's not like the last two runs have an app runner. We have good agreemant. And a good setup. Yes it could fall apart. But it's the best look we have had all winter

LOL...No, but I kept AMWx. I think the Op run is great, if you want snow. Cold/supressed is what you want. The GEFS will be fine.

I agree...I really didn't expect to see a snowstorm for mby on every model run.  I was just kidding around.  I still like where we are at.

It's been as consistent of a look as you can get. 

And before Brick whines, Brick, you cant get snow without cold. 

Yep, I'd just be perfectly fine even if half of the runs showed anything. Synoptics, Equatorial VP, relative model consistency, etc. are about as good as it gets when we're about 10 days out or so...

I also don't think next weekend will be our only opportunity for a snowstorm in the SE.  If models are correct as far as where we're heading, I see several possible chances over the next few weeks.

And that's ok with me too. I wouldnt mind it getting really cold for a few days before the event. If I didnt learn anything from last year, I learned the value in maximizing my QPF.

Archived