12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro has a 1048MB on the mean(!) over the yukon at day 75.

Wow--I've always thought the biggest central/south GA storm to be the one in '73. Kinda sad that I've never seen a storm drop more than that 7" or so that I saw here in 2011

Itunis,

ATL has had a 7-11" storm on about once every 15 years on average since 1879. The last two were in 3/1983 and 1/1982. Before that were 1/1940 and 1/1936.

I thought there were some big snows in the 60s. Maybe New Year's Eve 1963 ? I thought there was a huge snowstorm around that time.

Snowstorm,

No, 12/31/1963 was about 3", including some sleet. N AL got some well over 7" amounts then.

Snowstorm,

No, 12/31/1963 was about 3", including some sleet. N AL got some well over 7" amounts then.

I was thinking Huntsville had 17" in that storm and Meridian had around 15". Either way, it looks like we got screwed. I think I remember reading somewhere that New Orleans had 4 or 5". Bay St. Louis, MS, right on the Gulf, had over 10" !

I was thinking Huntsville had 17" in that storm and Meridian had around 15". Either way, it looks like we got screwed. I think I remember reading somewhere that New Orleans had 4 or 5". Bay St. Louis, MS, right on the Gulf, had over 10" !

The Carolina's only got a few inches at the very most, and that was confined to the western Carolinas.. Wierd seeing that the parent low was off the Carolina coast.

I feel like your avatar is going to look silly in the next two weeks. I don't know how you can give up now but I guess I understand because it's 1/23 and it's been snowless...but I like the way the end of this month and the first week of Feb looks and normally I'm pretty optimistic but I'm very optimistic right now. My optimism meter is off the charts at this point. You know the pattern can produce when we start seeing cutoffs and large phases tapping gulf moisture with a good high and getting 15" in Raleigh on multiple models. That's not on accident. To believe truly in that solution though was silly on anyone's part but the pattern can and could produce, still.

I stand by us not getting over an inch this winter. If by some miracle we get a 2-3" snow in Feb is that going to vindicate this as a great winter? Nothing is showing a snowy pattern the next 2 weeks, dry/cold. Can it change, we will see, but we know how this ends.

Only way this avatar looks silly is if we finish the season above 6". Do you really think that's going to happen in Feb?

I stand by us not getting over an inch this winter. If by some miracle we get a 2-3" snow in Feb is that going to vindicate this as a great winter? Nothing is showing a snowy pattern the next 2 weeks, dry/cold. Can it change, we will see, but we know how this ends.

Only way this avatar looks silly is if we finish the season above 6". Do you really think that's going to happen in Feb?

How dare you wishing the winter to rest in peace. I don't want it to rest in peace. I hope it's burning in hell. That is, if we don't get any snow  :sled:

Archived