• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter

mackerel_sky

Yeah we can lol. Our temperature just sky rocketed up to 71 degrees. No snow/sleet here. Well we do have a chance at sleet because snowstorm2011 got sleet in 50 degrees.

35/RN.  Rockin' wintry day here with temps in the mid-30s with steady rain all day.

Looks like an awesome sleet profile in Waycross, BTW. :yikes: Freezing level at 650 mb, torching BL temps...  :pimp:

dwqhzk.gif

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the radar...got to admit this coastal, first of the year, is a real dud. 90% of the storm is rain, in heart of winter. Was hoping this would be a big one for a lot of the east (MA to NE). Shows what a pathetic winter this is.

Figured i was the only one this evening having those thoughts pack.  Was thinking how great of a nice steady snow storm we could be having out there when I looked at the intellicast radar earlier.

Figured i was the only one this evening having those thoughts pack.  Was thinking how great of a nice steady snow storm we could be having out there when I looked at the intellicast radar earlier.

When was the last time in a Jan where a coastal tracked in eastern NC and it was rain for the mountains. When we look back on this winter I wonder if we will say the writing was on the wall with crap like this or if we are going to say we just had to wait for Feb to deliver....

When was the last time in a Jan where a coastal tracked in eastern NC and it was rain for the mountains. When we look back on this winter I wonder if we will say the writing was on the wall with crap like this or if we are going to say we just had to wait for Feb to deliver....

The 00z suite will bring back our Superbowl Supersnowstorm!

lulz

Exactly, in two weeks or so will we look back at this night and say we were just a little too impatient and and had to wait for the right set up or come late March will we point to this night and say: "Yep, that January evening was the classic profile for winter 2015 in NC" 

Exactly, in two weeks or so will we look back at this night and say we were just a little too impatient and and had to wait for the right set up or come late March will we point to this night and say: "Yep, that January evening was the classic profile for winter 2015 in NC"

I'm afraid it will be the latter.

Lol an apps runner. At least its got a system. We can work with cold and a system. Better than the cold going to waste!

Yes agreed, this far out we still have the "storm" but these models are a bunch of fickle b*tches.  I just can't work with them.   :drunk:  

Been complaining all winter we need blocking for snow, models finally agree on a weak -NAO end of Jan into first few days of Feb. The NAO probably won't hold for long but plenty of winter storms have occurred in the SE with transient blocking.

We're pretty good at wasting good patterns, aren't we?  Didn't we waste the entirety of the second half of the winter of 2006-2007 with a "great" pattern?

Archived