Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's test that theory :-)

If the Euro models 20" of snow 24 hours out and I only get 10". I doubt I will mind. Now if it models 6" and I get 2" I would be bummed.

I'm hearing a lot about 20-30" from Philly to Boston.  Yes that would be historic, but it wouldn't take much of a shift to change things quite a bit.

TW

If it really gets that bad for you just go chase somewhere. That's what I did last year. I was tired of having cold and crap events. I saw Snowshoe was expecting 12" in a couple days and just took off of work, yanked the kids out of school and went up for a few days. They ended up getting 20". It wasn't as good as 20" at home but it was a hell of a lot better than anything else I saw last year. My kids had never seen anything more than 7" with ZR on top and they were just amazed. It was a great time. After a couple years of striking out I usually have to go find a storm to get my fix.

Let's test that theory :-)

If the Euro models 20" of snow 24 hours out and I only get 10". I doubt I will mind. Now if it models 6" and I get 2" I would be bummed.

I can see it both ways, if the models all agree that MBY is going to see a historic storm say 24" and then 12-18 hrs out it goes to just say 8-10" I would be pissed/disappointed etc....and people who say they wouldn't are  lying. I wouldn't be unhappy that we "only" got 8-10" but I would be let down. To those guys up north 12" storms are run of the mill in relation to the monsters like they are on tap to get.

don't worry, there will be more to track. We will be doing this for another 10 weeks.

LOL, I will last till about Feb 20th or so, after that we will have an idea if it favors anything remotely wintery the last week of Feb into the first few days of March. For RDU the avg temp hits 60F first few days of March so our climo falls off a cliff. I got another 3 or so weeks of interest and then wont care to have snow and will be praying for spring weather with soccer starting end of Feb.

LOL, I will last till about Feb 20th or so, after that we will have an idea if it favors anything remotely wintery the last week of Feb into the first few days of March. For RDU the avg temp hits 60F first few days of March so our climo falls off a cliff. I got another 3 or so weeks of interest and then wont care to have snow and will be praying for spring weather with soccer starting end of Feb.

Hoping for March snow is a fools errand.

If it really gets that bad for you just go chase somewhere. That's what I did last year. I was tired of having cold and crap events. I saw Snowshoe was expecting 12" in a couple days and just took off of work, yanked the kids out of school and went up for a few days. They ended up getting 20". It wasn't as good as 20" at home but it was a hell of a lot better than anything else I saw last year. My kids had never seen anything more than 7" with ZR on top and they were just amazed. It was a great time. After a couple years of striking out I usually have to go find a storm to get my fix.

Sadly, I already chased this year and it was November 1st, lol ! It quit snowing here , so I just drove to Asheville and watched /played 4 or 5 more hours of mod snow and wind, with my son ! Great memories, and I really didnt expect that to be my only snow this winter! :(

Yep, we can't get snow during our peak time of Jan much less when temps avg 60F. When this event for Feb 1-2nd is finally punted I will only have another 2-3 weeks of model watching after that. Kind of pumped about that.

Wow, Pack, you're back to your original unique avatar! Congrats! I always loved your original one. I'm not usually big on change. I mean it was very hard for me to convince myself to switch from the ice cream eating beach lizard to Peppermint Patty.

Wow, Pack, you're back to your original unique avator! Congrats! I always loved your original one. I'm not usually big on change.

LOL, yeah, those weren't working. If we get snow within the next week you can blame Cold Rain for the bad luck avatars, he forced me. Though not holding my breath.

For you, sucked for us. Well actually I could give a crap if it snows in March, I want shorts weather in March.

You all got snow in March 2009 and 2010. :)

BTW, it is definitely getting time to start throwing around some ridiculous analogs like March 1960, March 1980, and then when those fail, we start bringing up March 1981 and March 1983 analogs... then when those fail, we start bringing up April 1915 and April 1983 analogs... :yikes:

LOL, yeah, those weren't working. If we get snow within the next week you can blame Cold Rain for the bad luck avatars, he forced me. Though not holding my breath.

Whatever. It's totally Larry's fault. He needs to go back to the lizard, but he won't do it. The Charlie Brown theme was only temporary. Then Chuck got assimilated by the Borg and that was it.

You all got snow in March 2009 and 2010. :)

BTW, it is definitely getting time to start throwing around some ridiculous analogs like March 1960, March 1980, and then when those fail, we start bringing up March 1981 and March 1983 analogs... then when those fail, we start bringing up April 1915 and April 1983 analogs... :yikes:

Since this winter has sucked so bad don't you just want to suck it up and hope for a skunk? Hope for better next year.

yep, i chased the nov 1st snow in west columbia.  saw 4" and heavy snow and it satisfied my snow craving a bit.  at least enough that im not losing sleep/my mind over the latest model teases.

Archived