Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter

mackerel_sky

James,

There's something that has been really bothering me the last few days. Do you still have faith in the flakes? Please tell me you do, please? If you don't, I'd rather you not tell me.

I do, actually.  I'm close to 100% sure flakes will greet me again before the winter.  I fall back on climatology and never being shut out here (on record... I'm sure it's happened at some point).  If next week's chance doesn't work out, something will.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James,

There's something that has been really bothering me the last few days. Do you still have faith in the flakes? Please tell me you do, please? If you don't, I'd rather you not tell me.

Man, GaWx, it's been a long winter! I've been down about a month, I think if this Groundhog threat doesn't produce snow/ ice for some, you will have alot of meltdowns ! There are alot of hardcore/ way more knowledgable posters on both boards , and they have been cracking these last few days.!! I really hope we can score this weekend, something! Anything!

Man, GaWx, it's been a long winter! I've been down about a month, I think if this Groundhog threat doesn't produce snow/ ice for some, you will have alot of meltdowns ! There are alot of hardcore/ way more knowledgable posters on both boards , and they have been cracking these last few days.!! I really hope we can score this weekend, something! Anything!

We'll be ok, Mack. We'll be ok. I think you need to go to sleep. Sleep well.

James,

Renewed faith in the flakes after the 00z Euro...  :wub:

I think that's the best look I've seen so close to a potential storm this winter (and yet still a week out).

Holy Crap, glad I refreshed my browser before I went to bed :lmao: .  Sharp gradient in the upstate, but at this point I just want to see the ground white!

I know all too well the "i-85 divider". Seems to always be the rain/snow line local mets use. Who would of thought a highway would uphold so much importance? lol

If the NAM-WRF 4KM is correct, in the NE for the blizzard that starts today, the totals over 10" are well East of NYC with the higher amounts being in Central/Eastern Massachusetts and Eastern Maine.

There was media talk yesterday of NYC being 'shut down' by rush hour this afternoon due to heavy snow.   I glanced at the HRRR and it shows 1" to 2" at best in NYC at 700pm this evening.

This will be an interesting storm to watch and to observe how the new GFS also handles it.  It puts down around 10" in NYC which is not quite the biblical blizzard their mayor was speaking of yesterday. 

Enjoy your day.

Archived