northernriwx
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cue. Chris Farley, lol

Heh.  Yeah.

I tell you though - as cool as all that snow sounds, that wind is going to be crazy bad.  60-80 mph along the coast.  That's going to be the thing that damages them the most.  I hope nobody is hurt before it is all over, although that might be a futile hope.  Will keep them in our thoughts for sure.

it's not snowing in the mtns either.

Yeah I was looking around at taking our kid up to go sledding, and realized that the only option in the NC mountains this year are the paid tubing runs that use man made snow.  We've done them before, and they are fun, but really swamped with people on the weekends.  Plus the whole two hour window thing.

it's not snowing in the mtns either.

Well hopefully it will next year. My brother was up there for the 2009-2011 winters and he loved every minute of it. So maybe we'll get a few repeats of those winters.

Sweet man! You will see snow next year for sure. Thu winter so far has been lackluster but we have. Long ways to go before May.

Yeah I'm really excited about it. Hopefully I'll see my first foot plus storm during my four (hopefully not any more) winters at App.haha

Well hopefully it will next year. My brother was up there for the 2009-2011 winters and he loved every minute of it. So maybe we'll get a few repeats of those winters.

Yeah I'm really excited about it. Hopefully I'll see my first foot plus storm during my four (hopefully not any more) winters at App.haha

But you'll miss out on CAD awesomeness up there. May last March's ice storm live on forever (actually, I think that was mostly snow up there in Reidsville, wasn't it? ). :(

Can you tell when truncation hits on the gfs?  It's funny to watch the jump between 240 and 252.

If this is still there on tomorrows run when it's w/in 10 days, we need to get a pool going on how long it lasts.

EDIT:  I'm being sarcastic btw FallsLake...I know you know when the model truncates.

Complete my undergraduate at App (01-04). Had plenty of great storms! Had the best NWSF event in Dec of 03. Had 19" in sugar grove (which is about 20 minutes west of Boone). One of the best storms ever!

Go apps!

After looking at the NYC forum I am pretty down about winter here in the tropical climate of NC. Hopefully I'll see some snow when I move to Boone next fall. 

It's funny how the models have overestimated the cold air in the ten day out period and have shown several winter storms, only to have them not verify. If you point that out with respect to the upcomng system, you're a big negative debbie downer. But if you just follow the models can't be trusted past 72 hours crowd, your being much more reasonable somehow.

But you'll miss out on CAD awesomeness up there. May last March's ice storm live on forever (actually, I think that was mostly snow up there in Reidsville, wasn't it? ). :(

Ill give up CAD for some NWSF haha. And yeah it was mostly snow. That was a huge surprise for me. I remember you saying that y'all had changed over and I thought we would change over soon but it stayed mostly snow the entire event.

Man, people in NYC are going to be dissapointed, in my opinion , the ones waiting on 2ft anyway!

Look at the radar, I bet they get 6-8" at best, that moisture ain't gonna make it far enough back, 10 day Euro lies, radar does not! :)

Central Park already has 5in so I would think they get more than 6-8 in.

Man, people in NYC are going to be dissapointed, in my opinion , the ones waiting on 2ft anyway!

Look at the radar, I bet they get 6-8" at best, that moisture ain't gonna make it far enough back, 10 day Euro lies, radar does not! :)

The 30-40 inches will probably just be east of NY in the Hicksville area,where they have been under that intense band all afternoon and the storm isn't even there yet.

Complete my undergraduate at App (01-04). Had plenty of great storms! Had the best NWSF event in Dec of 03. Had 19" in sugar grove (which is about 20 minutes west of Boone). One of the best storms ever!

Go apps!

Can't wait for those NWSF events. Really hoping for some football games in the snow!!

Archived