northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complete my undergraduate at App (01-04). Had plenty of great storms! Had the best NWSF event in Dec of 03. Had 19" in sugar grove (which is about 20 minutes west of Boone). One of the best storms ever!

Go apps!

Got 7" out of that event in Weaverville while the Mall area had 1.5 at best. I remember watching Cantore get all worked up about the lake effect bands making it all the way down to WNC.

Good ole mother nature is handing out screw jobs to everyone this winter in some shape or form!

When they toss out the term "historic" something always goes wrong!

In that case - this is an "historically" bad SE winter. It's going to stay that way. Forever. Historic. Tossing it out there. Historically bad. Historic.

Now it's all fixed; batten down ....  :lmao:

THis is going to be a new england special. Eastern mass is going to be destroyed.

A lot of snow for sure.  Luckily, major NE snowstorms and blizzards tend to save lives.  Crime rate falls to almost zero and although there may be 100s of auto accidents they tend to be low speed bump ups with few serious injuries and deaths. 

DT has an epic meltdown post attacking TWC. It would be hilarious if TWC's 8-12" call for NYC ends up the right one (no ill towards to those that love there, but for DT)...

Is it terrible that this winter has been so sad and boring here in the south that I'm having more fun watching an epic showdown between mets arguing over how many inches of snow is going to fall in NYC than I've had model watching all winter?  More than likely, the total will fall a little over what TWC said, a little under what the 2 footers said, and everyone will claim victory.

That was the most snow I have ever seen during one system in my life. Our cars were stuck in the driveway for a week :)

That was the first major system I followed on the old WWBB. 

Got 7" out of that event in Weaverville while the Mall area had 1.5 at best. I remember watching Cantore get all worked up about the lake effect bands making it all the way down to WNC.

DT has an epic meltdown post attacking TWC. It would be hilarious if TWC's 8-12" call for NYC ends up the right one (no ill towards to those that love there, but for DT)...

No doubt. I am pulling for the shaft for NYC now. DT attacked another (former) professional when he (the other former professional) said he stuck by a 4-8 inch forecast he put out a day ago .....by saying the guy can't think for himself. In reality, it's DT hugging a model here and now he's hoping to goodness the euro is right. Who knows really, but it's fun to watch all this play out...

DT loves to go all in.

No doubt. I am pulling for the shaft for NYC now. DT attacked another (former) professional when he (the other former professional) said he stuck by a 4-8 inch forecast he put out a day ago .....by saying the guy can't think for himself. In reality, it's DT hugging a model here and now he's hoping to goodness the euro is right. Who knows really, but it's fun to watch all this play out...

NYC should get hammered, hell they got 6-7" already in order for TWC's call of 8-12" to be right it basically cant snow there anymore....radar trending better for them too, there will be a few crazy heavy bands set up and those folks will see 2-3 ft but generally unless something insane happens NYC will see 18-24" especially on the east side....

Looks like NYC is about to finally get into the business. Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington DC already getting snow. Thunder snow might have happened near the DC area looking at some of the obs in the MA thread or it was trash cans. It fun following these storms, but would be even more fun if we got an event of our own.

Archived