12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty excited that David Chandley has been named chief meteorologist of Fox 5. Replacing the legend Ken Cook!

I haven't seen too much of him, not a Fox watcher (or any other local station for that matter).  But my impression was good.

Glad someone up north is getting a nice storm this winter.  We sure aren't, and I don't think we will, down here.  Maybe you guys in NC will get something next week but NGA isn't going to get much, if anything.  The pattern would have to just totally change after this big storm up north and perhaps I'm stupid but I don't see it.  Where I am, we didn't get much last winter either (some ice on the roads from the Snowmageddon thing and maybe 2" in the yard, and the other storm progged for 6-8" turned out to be a sad 1"-2" right here - it's not a good snow unless it covers the blades of grass, imho, lol).  All in all, it's been a really strange, boring 12 weather months imby.

I don't hope for any extreme weather in the warm months.  We lost our roof to a tornado a few years ago and I've had quite enough of that.  But hopefully winter '15-'16 will be better than this one.  It wouldn't take much to improve on this.

Man if i had some people to storm chase with...id be there in a heart beat... somewhere on the coast away from the big cities.i will definately experience a blizzard before i die... sorry for the weenie spell

When I was in the Military, I was stationed in Maryland between DC and Baltimore, during the 'Snowmageddon and Snowpacolypse' winter of 2010. There is nothing like those Nor'Easter Blizzards.

Unreal. Boston is about to get 2 feet of snow and not get above freezing for 10 days.

Thats really not that uncommon there, they go weeks and sometimes even months without hitting freezing for a high.....the 2 ft a snow is a bit more than average but they get them like that maybe 1 out of 3 years....

MHX just updated the point for my area now I feel like I might actually see a dusting to maybe a half inch on grass and elevated surfaces around dawn....which could be the only time I see snow this year, although I feel the storm next Sunday is gonna go our way

Tonight Scattered rain showers before 1am, then rain and snow showers likely between 1am and 4am, then snow likely after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tuesday A chance of snow before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible

People keep saying that but the Euro hasn't exactly been amazing this year. I feel like the GFS has actually sniffed out solutions first and Euro follows suit. Due to 4 runs of the GFS we end up with more inconsistency in the medium to long range. Where the Euro has done well is in the 3-4 day range locking on to what is most likely to occur.  

The GFS is a poo flinging monkey. 16 days out and 4 runs a day it just hurls crap at us and has no idea what will end up sticking.

Apparently the Euro is crushing NE the guys on the NYC forum are freaking out, its further west and stronger even wit the storm, makes me wonder just what implications that might have on us and our meager chances tonight into the morning.

Yeah NYC is just barely hanging on to 18" or so. Less than a foot is in play for them now. The mods over there are going to be very busy this afternoon.

Apparently the Euro is crushing NE the guys on the NYC forum are freaking out, its further west and stronger even wit the storm, makes me wonder just what implications that might have on us and our meager chances tonight into the morning.

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a few flakes tonight.  :thumbsup:

Archived