CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Christmas Grinch Storm Potential

Chicago Storm

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody else notice how the PGFS has had 6 runs in a row now with the low at around 985mb in central / east kentucky then bombing to around 968mb over lake huron? It's been a lot more consistent than the other models that are changing by hundreds of miles each run, hope it's onto something and not on something lol.

I realize that it's a holiday and the possibility of a storm with huge implications, so Accuweather wants to get the word out as early as they can.

However, they could have been more realistic about it, saying something like, "Adverse weather could have an impact anywhere east of the Mississippi and north of the Tennessee Valley.  It is much too early to accurately predict the intensity, track, or even number of storms, especially by us."

I realize that it's a holiday and the possibility of a storm with huge implications, so Accuweather wants to get the word out as early as they can.

However, they could have been more realistic about it, saying something like, "Adverse weather could have an impact anywhere east of the Mississippi and north of the Tennessee Valley.  It is much too early to accurately predict the intensity, track, or even number of storms, especially by us."

It doesn't generate clicks and subscriptions for them. People aren't going to check their website when they see that type of language...

Very impressive upper jet will be slamming into the west coast in a few days...upwards of 180 kts on the models.  Not something that happens routinely.

yeah...and actually the jet has pretty dang hefty over the pac for awhile considering just transitioning from nov to dec....between nuri and the jet, there have been some nice anomalies brewing over the last few months out west in the big blue

I love reading this forum during the winter. Summer convection there is only so much you can look at, but in the winter, there is infinite information to look at and it is great to have a wide range of people contributing to the discussion to gather as much information as possible. 

I look at it the other way around so I'm wondering what you mean by so much to look at and infinite information? We can take this somewhere else as to not clutter this thread.

Archived