joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then attack the information. Whining and personal attacks do nothing but further degrade the convo.

Congrats btw. I very specifically attacked the information and did not whine in doing so. You have two posters in this forum right now, one of whom is highly respected, the other a bloviating clown, seemingly blatantly misrepresenting model output to suit their own warm agendas. Deal with this misinformation. I am not the issue. I just read in the January thread that the Euro was all rain for the coast for the overrunning. That is actually false and not even close to correct. 

Seriously this!

I'm also leaving some room for more than a moderate event if things fall right. PNA Spike...transient blocking...good cold air source...but I'm probably just being a weenie.

The KU and over 6" storms generally occur after or near steep -AO drops to around -1.5 or lower. But sometimes

we get a rare event like December 90 that makes it to a little over 6" in a non ideal pattern. It's just we can get really

disappointed waiting for the next overperformer in mostly +AO pattern.

The KU and over 6" storms generally occur after or near steep -AO drops to around -1.5 or lower. But sometimes

we get a rare event like December 90 that makes it to a little over 6" in a non ideal pattern. It's just we can get really

disappointed waiting for the next overperformer in mostly +AO pattern.

I can't really argue with that fact that we generally don't see storms over 6" without a big ao drop past -1 as you and others have shown us over the years...but nothing is impossible (oh god I sound like Ant). I'm not one for getting too disappointed. With that said, the 12z models today have at least made me excited to what is possible next week.

I can't really argue with that fact that we generally don't see storms over 6" without a big ao drop past -1 as you and others have shown us over the years...but nothing is impossible (oh god I sound like Ant). I'm not one for getting too disappointed. With that said, the 12z models today have at least made me excited to what is possible next week.

Hopefully we can put some points on the board before the second trough next week lifts out.

At least I've been getting a clear view of lots of big dark billowing fuzzy edged clouds with a few dark scuds around the edges.

FTR, there have been few stray flakes from time to time.

Took some pictures of the pretty clouds that were snowing on someone else.  Photo thread seemed like a more appropriate place so I put them there:

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44993-winter-2014-15-official-picture-thread/?p=3239551

Took some pictures of the pretty clouds that were snowing on someone else. Photo thread seemed like a more appropriate place so I put them there:

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44993-winter-2014-15-official-picture-thread/?p=3239551

The second squall that passed to my east had a very summer convective look to it in the setting sun. Someone just east of me got a nice brief white out dump.

Where has red been? Looked to have clipped him

The falcon is the GFS and the carcass is the Euro. :P

Hehe, the GFS did catch the second trough amplification next week. Let's hope the longer range

does even better when the OP and ensembles upgrade next week. It's nice to see that 192-240

hr truncation finally go. I can remember when it was truncating after 84 hrs. 

Yawn worthy on the snow department but I can't say I'm surprised the pattern doesn't favor much snow. Everything will depend on how things play out after the thaw.

We'll know if all hope is lost in a short 3 weeks. 3 weeks takes us to near Feb 1st and we can determine how the pattern will evolve by then.

Yawn worthy on the snow department but I can't say I'm surprised the pattern doesn't favor much snow. Everything will depend on how things play out after the thaw.

We'll know if all hope is lost in a short 3 weeks. 3 weeks takes us to near Feb 1st and we can determine how the pattern will evolve by then.

Yawn at your posts and the melodrama. Thank god for banter threads.

Let me ask you something...will you impose self-banishment for a week if the threat the Euro still shows comes to fruition? 

We are in the middle of a good pattern with several snow chances and you are dismissing it to look towards the pattern post Feb 1?

Hopefully you are joking else you need a new hobby such as watching paint dry

Yawn at your posts and the melodrama. Thank god for banter threads.

Let me ask you something...will you impose self-banishment for a week if the threat the Euro still shows comes to fruition?

Your posts bring about false hope and claims constantly talking about how things might evolve more favorably day 10 and beyond. I don't care what anyone has to say about my thoughts but has anyone had a clue thus far about the winter.

Your posts bring about false hope and claims constantly talking about how things might evolve more favorably day 10 and beyond. I don't care what anyone has to say about my thoughts but has anyone had a clue thus far about the winter.

The Euro, EPS, Ukie, JMA and Navgem all support a major storm in the day 8 timeframe. You just gave up on the Friday clipper, the overrunning next week, the big dog coastal potential later next week, and said we should look toward February 1 in your post above, and all based on one suite of model runs where half of them, and the highest scoring ones, are still showing a wintry pattern. 

The Euro, EPS, Ukie, JMA and Navgem all support a major storm in the day 8 timeframe. You just gave up on the Friday clipper, the overrunning next week, the big dog coastal potential later next week, and said we should look toward February 1 in your post above, and all based on one suite of model runs where half of them, and the highest scoring ones, are still showing a wintry pattern. You are the worst poster in this subforum, bar none.

agreed, seems like he suffers from some form of bipolar disorder. 

Archived