BERKS PA-CARBON PA-LEHIGH PA-MONROE PA-NORTHAMPTON PA-SUSSEX NJ-
WARREN NJ-
1243 PM EST WED JAN 7 2015

...SIGNIFICANT SNOW SQUALLS WILL AFFECT CARBON...MONROE...NORTHERN
NORTHAMPTON...NORTHERN WARREN...NORTHWESTERN BERKS...NORTHWESTERN
LEHIGH AND SUSSEX COUNTIES...

AT NOON EST...SNOW SQUALLS WERE LOCATED ACROSS THE NORTHERN POCONOS
REGION...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 30 MPH.

WIND GUSTS TO 40 MPH ARE POSSIBLE WITH THESE SNOW SQUALLS.

THESE SNOW SQUALLS WILL BE NEAR ARROWHEAD LAKE AROUND 1250
PM...TRESCKOW AROUND 100 PM...MONTAGUE AROUND 110 PM...BEEMERVILLE
AROUND 120 PM AND FIVE POINTS AROUND 130 PM.

USE EXTRA CAUTION IF YOU MUST TRAVEL INTO OR THROUGH THESE
SIGNIFICANT SNOW SQUALLS. CONSIDER DELAYING TRAVEL UNTIL THE SQUALL
PASSES YOUR LOCATION.

yeah, let's get excited over the day 8 euro! nothing can go wrong!

Who's excited? People are just stating what it shows. Its really not a terrible set up. On this particular run--- The PNA ridge looks pretty good..the PV won't let it cut and the northern stream is forced underneath us and we have a decent/good solution.

By far best rates since last winter. Accumulating fast I would estimate current rate around 2" an hour. Can hardly see down the block

Only got down to about 3/4 mile here in Western Nassau. But the clouds had a great convective look to them.

If your in Merrick right now you just missed it. I must have been under the best part of the squall. When I cant see the trees on the next block I consider that legit SN+. Only lasted for a few minutes at that rate.

Yup these squalls are hit or miss. A mile makes a difference with the heaviest stuff. I never made it to sn+ but it was close. Visibility shot down under .5 miles for like 5 mins.

Edit: edited 12 times using a samsung galaxy s5

Yup these squalls are hit or miss. A mile makes a difference with the heaviest stuff. I never made it to sn+ but it was close. Visibility shot down under .5 miles for like 5 mins.

Edit: edited 12 times using a samsung galaxy s5

I should have taken a video. There were a couple minutes that were close to whiteout with gusts in the 40 range. Winds have died significantly now.

Based on the radar we were both under 20-25dbz for a time but i must have lucked into getting into the tight little area of enhanced precip. 

Of course the one time i jackpot is during a 10 minute squall!! It did freshen up yesterdays snow nice,

ahh another voice of reason - the bolded I can agree with. Without the 50/50 - you need a perfect track, esp immediate NYC metro.. People see a model suite that brings them snow and pounce - too funny

Why is everyone always looking for KU set ups? It can and will snow without one....it's just harder. The models today show another option on the table. I am not leaning one way or another yet. It's weird when people bring up other posters pouncing on a single solution when all they are doing is stating what the model showed verbatim.

Why is everyone always looking for KU set ups? It can and will snow without one....it's just harder. The models today show another option on the table. I am not leaning one way or another yet. It's weird when people bring up other posters pouncing on a single solution when all they are doing is stating what the model showed verbatim.

I think we just got accustomed to the go big or go home mindset  with record -AO levels and snowstorms

of recent years. But many can still enjoy smaller to moderate storms that generally occur when the AO 

is in a more positive phase.

I think we just got accustomed to the go big or go home mindset with record -AO levels and snowstorms

of recent years. But many can still enjoy smaller to moderate storms that generally occur when the AO

Seriously this!

I'm also leaving some room for more than a moderate event if things fall right. PNA Spike...transient blocking...good cold air source...but I'm probably just being a weenie.

I think we just got accustomed to the go big or go home mindset  with record -AO levels and snowstorms

Exactly, KU's are tied to monster snowstorms, not snowfall in general.

Delete away mods. But please also be mindful of blatant misinformation that is being disseminated in your decimated forum that very few post in anymore.

Then attack the information. Whining and personal attacks do nothing but further degrade the convo.

Archived