joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not hallucinating at all. Even Upton agrees that this storm is DOA for NYC in regards to snow. And the -EPO will be collapsing during this time; thus, we will begin to blowtorch from MLK onwards like the Euro weeklies show.

As of now all options and precip types remain on the table...as well as a miss.

Next week's 16th storm is on life support as there will be virtually no cold air to be had in our region; so even a benchmark track will produce rain for NYC. Next week will be very, very depressing as we will definitely rain for both events.

3de10a03c746ea48499cd650b3a6e3a0.jpg

Hope you're kidding in banter. But if you're not, you are WRONG. Last night's GFS took major strides toward the Euro and both the GFS and Euro were inches away from moderate+ snow storms. 

See a dr. Seriously.

RIGHT!

Next week's 16th storm is on life support as there will be virtually no cold air to be had in our region; so even a benchmark track will produce rain for NYC. Next week will be very, very depressing as we will definitely rain for both events.

3de10a03c746ea48499cd650b3a6e3a0.jpg

You contradict yourself with your post and then that map. Look again, enough cold air around and wrapping in to the system to be a snow 'threat' attm.

Miss still being heavily the most likely option. Way too many variables and too far out to have any clarity on anything. The EPS was all over the place with timing and placement. Some encouraging trends overnight though for sure.

Yep if anything there is too much cold and it suppresses the system and off the se coast. Not sure where this lack of cold talk is coming from?

I think we will see a lot of snow ; next week who knows ...but by Feb ..in my heart I think a lot of pieces will finally fall into place to give us the snowy solution many of us want... Some still may say well even if we have a good feb doesn't make up for train wreck in December ...but ..let's wait and see how this all unfolds ..I have long forgotten the words many used to describe what this winter should have been... Epic ..great ..etc etc ..if by march 15 NYC gets a total of 20 inches of snow I'm OK with that end of story IMO ...

I think we will see a lot of snow ; next week who knows ...but by Feb ..in my heart I think a lot of pieces will finally fall into place to give us the snowy solution many of us want... Some still may say well even if we have a good feb doesn't make up for train wreck in December ...but ..let's wait and see how this all unfolds ..I have long forgotten the words many used to describe what this winter should have been... Epic ..great ..etc etc ..if by march 15 NYC gets a total of 20 inches of snow I'm OK with that end of story IMO ...

Beyond next week, after a period of reloading, there are definitely encouraging signs for an improved Atlantic.

Ive been on board with this since November as we discussed in private. Delayed this year but not denied. You can clearly see the pattern taking shape on the latest weeklies as we head into Feb.

I am not hallucinating at all. Even Upton agrees that this storm is DOA for NYC in regards to snow. And the -EPO will be collapsing during this time; thus, we will begin to blowtorch from MLK onwards like the Euro weeklies show.

You're the perfect candidate for the "Read more, post less" comment. You sound like you have some understanding so you would probably greatly benefit from taking a backseat for awhile. Right now your posts come off as trolling and you're only poking the hornets nest.

You're the perfect candidate for the "Read more, post less" comment. You sound like you have some understanding so you would probably greatly benefit from taking a backseat for awhile. Right now your posts come off as trolling and you're only poking the hornets nest.

I love how he referenced the -EPO breaking down, when it's really a +PNA breaking down. Simply doesn't understand the meteorology of the event and is being negative for no reason.

And the best will be if this doesn't work out. He will think he was right all along and will not learn anything.

In fact, studying this further I am positive hailstorm is just trolling. Person cannot possibly be that dense, especially as a long time poster.

Ive been on board with this since November as we discussed in private. Delayed this year but not denied. You can clearly see the pattern taking shape on the latest weeklies as we head into Feb.

Ralph - Every post you do contradicts previous posts. Please make up your mind or take your medication.

Rossi

IF we have ice/snow mix to start on Monday and then a change to plain rain Monday what will you say ? I for one am getting tired of this read more post less stuff when the same people saying it have been wrong many times so far since November......

IF we have ice/snow mix to start on Monday and then a change to plain rain Monday what will you say ? I for one am getting tired of this read more post less stuff when the same people saying it have been wrong many times so far since November......

What have I been wrong about so far? Have you not been reading my posts in the serious discussion threads? I'm hitting the ice train hard for Monday and I haven't really been saying much for the second threat other than that it's way too early to be dismissing something.

Many think they're experts in meteorology or that they're high and mighty and know all. I know I don't understand a lot of this stuff and I never pretended to but those who think they're superior and what they say goes makes them just as bad as the amateurs. Bottom line is that the majority of us have been completely wrong about this winter and how it would play out and that includes everyone from amateurs to professional mets. 

Many think they're experts in meteorology or that they're high and mighty and know all. I know I don't understand a lot of this stuff and I never pretended to but those who think they're superior and what they say goes makes them just as bad as the amateurs. Bottom line is that the majority of us have been completely wrong about this winter and how it would play out and that includes everyone from amateurs to professional mets. 

You are absolutely right - plus freedom of speech does not exist in this forum even when it is done in a professional manner.Last time I checked we lived in the USA where freedom of speech is allowed.....You can disagree with someone but to ban them suspend them and tell them too stop posting because they have a differing point of view is complete nonsense ....

Archived