amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well ; live and learn sure the December and now January has been frustrating for people who want to see snow and humbling for those LR forecasts which have been wrong..now the proof is in the pudding.. I say ...from Feb 1-March 10 is our golden chance to see snow. What is my thoughts based on ..no scientific data ..just 33 years of following winter weather ..mother nature does what mother nature wants end of story. No one is owed snow lol.. When things look the darkest for people who want snow. .we may get blasted in Feb. My theory may crash and burn like Dec and Jan time will tell . One last point to ponder forget.. This winter ..as being epic ..forget being great..forget even good ..let's shoot for average ..or slightly below ..if at the end of the mentioned time frame we end up with 20 inches of snow NYC ..I'm OK with that ..

How's all that working out for you. We can scrap off the overrunning most likely (mostly rain) and same goes for the big dog potential (OTS most likely). The clipper worked out but I never dismissed it but we're still only talking like an inch of snow for many with local spots up to 2" so no big deal. Warmup looks likely starting next weekend and could last up to a week which brings us to the end of January and start of February. Which part exactly did I overlook when I looking ahead.

There could be something last few days of January but in my post I said near February 1 which includes last few days of January.

You continue to have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. You do not understand meteorology, you're constantly negative which doesn't take any chutzpah at all, and you are annoying to the point where you bring the discourse of the entire subforum down a couple of notches. Since things are so bad, please take a break and we will see next year.

Does anyone have the nao indicies for summer of 2013 and 2014 also for 2009 and 2010 I am trying to figure out if the noa is negative for our warmer months "summer" than it turns positive during winter time

The one correlation that had worked well up until the past 15 years was that a -NAO in October usually meant a +NAO in winter...the last 3 years though that correlation has returned, we had a -NAO in both October 2012, 2013 and 2014 and all 3 winters at least so far were mostly positive.

How so. He's been harping on the PAC jet all winter. Isn't that the primary reason for the snow drought?

Yet when Ive been on the PAC firehose all season all I get are email threats about how I haven't a clue and I should post less or be murdered. People around here hate the truth. I may not be the smartest guy on the board but I do still have a solid background in meteo for over 20 yrs. I'm outta this subforum, no time for the death threats....

Yet when Ive been on the PAC firehose all season all I get are email threats about how I haven't a clue and I should post less or be murdered. People around here hate the truth. I may not be the smartest guy on the board but I do still have a solid background in meteo for over 20 yrs. I'm outta this subforum, no time for the death threats....

Wiggum  you stay in here ......that's an order!!!

otherwise I will make Philly my home thread --

then you will have no choice but to come crawling back to the metro for good    :lol:

dm

otwc

So, hypothetically, say we get shut-out for the rest of JAN and most of FEB in the snowfall department. Then, there happen to be one or two snowstorms, maybe end of FEB and/or early MAR. Which happen to put seasonal snowfall at or above average, which is all it takes sometimes in and around the NYC metro. Would folks have a different view of the season, or would it still suck?

So, hypothetically, say we get shut-out for the rest of JAN and most of FEB in the snowfall department. Then, there happen to be one or two snowstorms, maybe end of FEB and/or early MAR. Which happen to put seasonal snowfall at or above average, which is all it takes sometimes in and around the NYC metro. Would folks have a different view of the season, or would it still suck?

It would suck, to me at least, partly because of the expectations for this winter. It went from epic snowfall to epic boredom.

If a magician can't pull the rabbit out of his hat....

is he still magical??

The weather heroes some believe in -round here-

are very good with smoke and mirrors   :pimp: 

Models work very well

if you can learn to read them without a SNOW bias---imho

OTM

dm

The Only reason I am not giving up the ship yet - is because the MJO outlook is signaling not too - we are going into phase 6 today and by the 21st as of today are going into phase 7 and then phase 8 and or phase 1 then into the COD by early February - BTW we have had a few KU's while in the COD - 1977 -78 still remains the top analog - and if there were weather forums back then the comments would probably up to this date be almost identical to the ones posted here since November........

http://www.kylemacritchie.com/real-time-maps/realtime-mjo/

And you do have a clue. You've been just as wrong as everybody else but of course you're part of that high and mighty group that think they know everything and put everyone else down.

Good thing for people like Bluewave, Don S, Snowgoose who give great insight without acting superior and putting everyone else down because they don't know as much.

It was wrong to tell you not to give up on the late week threat 4 days ago? I never predicted anything. I was providing analysis. Something you are unable to do because you do not grasp basic concepts of meteorology. So, instead of shutting your yap and learning from others like bluewave, donS and snowgoose, you post digital diarrhea in every thread; your opinions blow like a fart in the wind depending on what others say because you cannot think for yourself. Please leave this place.

It was wrong to tell you not to give up on the late week threat 4 days ago? I never predicted anything. I was providing analysis. Something you are unable to do because you do not grasp basic concepts of meteorology. So, instead of shutting your yap and learning from others like bluewave, donS and snowgoose, you post digital diarrhea in every thread; your opinions blow like a fart in the wind depending on what others say because you cannot think for yourself. Please leave this place.

Ok sorry I'll leave.

You're right it hasn't I'll go quietly. Good luck with everything.

Here's some life advice...and I don't mean it in a rude way...its good advice for thousands of young Americans in their late 20's who are sort of searching for some direction in life...

1/ Try to find full time employment

2/ Move away from home and get a place of your own.  Nothing produces more growth in a person than being responsible for all your own needs...you will feel so much better about *everything*.

Here's some life advice...and I don't mean it in a rude way...its good advice for thousands of young Americans in their late 20's who are sort of searching for some direction in life...

2/ Move away from home and get a place of your own.  Nothing produces more growth in a person than being responsible for all your own needs...you will feel so much better about *everything*.

Always remember...dependency is, in many ways, a form of thralldom...when you are dependent on no one for your basic needs...you are beholding to no one...which is, at its core, the root assumption of what it means to be free. 

This is a perplexing statement to read on a weather forum. Aren't we here to discuss the weather? 

There's a WWA for the region, yet we are barely discussing this? The storm will be here in less than 24 hours now. It may not be a great year (even tho it's only the middle of January right now) but it has snowed already this year and probably will again tomorrow. I understand people in here are upset but that's no reason to attack a fellow poster or tell them to leave, they have the same passion for weather as you do, or at least I would like to think so. Winter is only 2-3 weeks old, still a lot more of winter to go.

There's a WWA for the region, yet we are barely discussing this? The storm will be here in less than 24 hours now. It may not be a great year (even tho it's only the middle of January right now) but it has snowed already this year and probably will again tomorrow. I understand people in here are upset but that's no reason to attack a fellow poster or tell them to leave, they have the same passion for weather as you do, or at least I would like to think so. Winter is only 2-3 weeks old, still a lot more of winter to go.

Will tomorrow's commute be worse than Fridays? Seems unlikely

Archived