Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone wants me to, I can call on the Goddess tomorrow and ask that she allow a cold and snowy pattern to return to the NYC area for the next couple of months.  I am reluctant to admit this, but it was I who asked her back in November to please prevent snow (save for an occasional dusting) from falling in the area this winter...because the cost of hiring men to shovel had become prohibitive.  All requests must be submitted via fax.

No emails?

"the gfs is cold" adds nothing meaningful to the discussion

Fine Fork, But the opinion was that the models were no longer seeing the warm up it once did. The OPs are all cold through day 10 and the ensembles are cold from day 12 on

That was the only point . If it`s not valid ok. 

Why is this forum dead? Gfs and gefs show a really favorable pattern.

I'm encouraged just like many people on this board about this "so called" favorable pattern in the LR. Where have we heard this before? LR models can not be trusted this year... too much delays and flip flopping going on. More important, if that raging pacific jet doesn't ease up, there won't be much of a winter to speak of. Until I see some concrete evidence showing up in the medium range for a snowy pattern, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

Either:

A. no one believes what the models show in the long range

B. no one is paying attention bc they all think doorman knows best

C. the ads are too ridiculous to deal with

Yes the call for above normal has really worked .

KNYC JAN 1 -13

AVERAGE MONTHLY: 29.5 

DPTR FM NORMAL: -3.2 

I guess when it does not snow , no one really cares what the ACTUAL forecast was . 

Why is this forum dead? Gfs and gefs show a really favorable pattern.

It's possible some people simply can't post anymore.  I had that problem for like the past 2 weeks. I couldn't post or reply from work at all until yesterday.  I could only post from my phone or tablet.  Then all of a sudden I was able to post again from work yesterday. Not exactly sure what caused it but based on one of the main forum help threads, it seemed as if I wasn't the only one either.

Archived