Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem i have with the GFS is that it does get cold and I think that the warmup is going to be muted now..but it does not really show an increase with storm chances..Has two clipper systems one white/wet and the other goes by north ...but other then that its mainly dry...

That's a product of this niño basically going to crap, the southern branch just isn't all that busy

I just gotta funny feeling ...Feb is going to make up for snowless Dec and most of Jan ...I could be wrong but..time..will tell ..a few nice storms will salvage this winter ..

last half of January could  make up for it too - I don't know about anyone else but sometimes looking at longer range models 10 - 15 days out gives the false impression that it is later in the month then it actually is - today is Jan 14th - still have over 17 days left with plenty of time left in January and there possibly is a big storm or 2 or 3 out there by the end of the month that is not being modeled at the current time - look how fast the potential weekend event is a possibility now even though it is proggged to be wet as of right now.........

I guess this year is what would be common in the 1980s winters. First half of this month will average nearly -4 in some spots or lower but little snow to show for it.

Any big thaw has been mitigated significantly and we may end up slightly below for our thaw week.

Welcome back!  I'm glad you returned :)

No thanks. I will say it's looking interesting outside right now. Watching the precip in central jersey. Our luck this winter we get three flurries and virga

I think SnoSki is a nice person and means no harm...we all have our shortcomings & idiosyncracies...anyway...the 6z NAM had a light snow event for south Jersey and very close to clipping Suffolk County with a couple of inches. 

No thanks. I will say it's looking interesting outside right now. Watching the precip in central jersey. Our luck this winter we get three flurries and virga

Seaside Heights Web Cam - will the boardwalk be covered in snow by the end of the day ? Radar looks like it might even miss them

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newjersey/seasideheights/?cam=seasideheights2

Archived