• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

Adding on a ton of bulk isn't exactly comfortable despite popular belief and then you're being sweated out from the inside.

The key is learning how to dress in winter.  The goal is to not sweat.  That is why layers are recommended.  If you are standing around outside doing nothing in cold weather, then bulk is fine.  If you are active, you can need surprisingly little to keep you warm at 0F.  If you start to heat up, start peeling off layers.  When you stop moving, add them back before you get chilled.  People do this and are comfortable all of the time. 

I shouldn't have to add that if there is a hint of sweating or overheating in winter, cotton is absolutely a horrible choice of fabric.

Anyway, there are lots more options for staying comfortable in cold weather than there are in hot and humid wx.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how hostile people get the minute you say something remotely negative about the winter and especially anything related to snow. Even Bluewave one of the best posters was attacked for his milder thoughts on the pattern before and Doorman gets slammed constantly about his beliefs as well. 

I  agree with you 100 % - its becoming impossible too post here with all the nonsense that goes on - thing I am trying to figure out now is why TonyLovesSnow sent me a harrassing email right after I mentioned in the January thread that Wolfheadsheep was posting banter in the thread after he was saying you did - has to be a connection between the 2 - one in the same ?

I agree with you 100 % - its becoming impossible too post here with all the nonsense that goes on - thing I am trying to figure out now is why TonyLovesSnow sent me a harrassing email right after I mentioned in the January thread that Wolfheadsheep was posting banter in the thread after he was saying you did - has to be a connection between the 2 - one in the same ?

He sends me harassing emails everytime I post something he doesn't like. I try to be civil about everything but what can you do. Never thought snow would cause such anger.

I agree with you 100 % - its becoming impossible too post here with all the nonsense that goes on - thing I am trying to figure out now is why TonyLovesSnow sent me a harrassing email right after I mentioned in the January thread that Wolfheadsheep was posting banter in the thread after he was saying you did - has to be a connection between the 2 - one in the same ?

No they are not the same person. You have no right complaining with the way you have acted this this winter.

Amazing how hostile people get the minute you say something remotely negative about the winter and especially anything related to snow. Even Bluewave one of the best posters was attacked for his milder thoughts on the pattern before and Doorman gets slammed constantly about his beliefs as well. 

I absolutly hate the snow, HATE. I hope we get as little as we can this winter. The cold i dont care about but the snow.. HATE

I absolutly hate the snow, HATE. I hope we get as little as we can this winter. The cold i dont care about but the snow.. HATE

To each his own but cold without snow is like a meatball hero without the parm...

Actually I hate the cold but love meatballs....

Can you guys stop spelling it snoski? I keep thinking youre saying snooki

Lmao when I first read it, that's how I said it in my head.

Here's another good one. Tony is still pm-ing me calling JM clueless and me a "fishdoodlehead" while still claiming he's a met.

Archived