Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

some people can't handle hearing what they don't want to hear

"The truth...ah the truth so hard to tell."

___Poirot

I am still here. For the time being, I will focus more on the weather events coming up through 120 hrs.

It seems like speculation beyond 5 days creates  too much anger from some posters especially when

the winter gets off to such a disappointing start compared to expectations. I love the weather and

climate too much to get into debates about long range model solutions that may or may not happen

anyway. It's never my intention to cause disputes in the threads which takes away from the

appreciation of all things weather and climate. So I removed my posts that seemed to be

angering some to keep the peace in the thread. When you think about it, it's really not worth

it debating model solutions past 5 days that have lower skill anyway. 

Keep posting. Sometimes people can and do disagree. That does not take away from the quality of your arguments. As skill scores beyond 5 days are low, that's all the reason why there should be more debate.

I'll echo what everyone said, I'm a bit of a climo nerd and between Uncle, Bluewave and Isothermal (just to name a few) we have quite a few really knowledgeable hobbyists here. It's really a shame to see something as trivial as long range forecasting turn into people nitpicking on the best.

Bluewave is one of the best posters here. Seeing him leave and have it be dominated here even more by posters who bicker and little else would give me less of a reason to post.

kind of immature for him  to delete his posts though dont ya say?

Bluewave is the real deal. I aspire to his level of knowledge. We all learn from each other. Allot of us non red posters still add to this board and blue is a premium example. If I could rock calculus I too would be a red poster, my brain just doesn't like math on that level. It doesn't mean we have less to offer just a different take.

Guest Pamela

If only more of us sought to avoid conflict...

"If men were angels there would be no need for government" <or board moderators>

___Madison, Federalist 51

Guest Pamela

Great quote.

I believe James Buckley...a former senator for the state of NY and brother of author & commentator William F. Buckley penned a short book with that very title...J.B. finished his career as a federal judge.

We've turned some sort of corner on this winter for sure. I'm seeing a lot of cold with a few threats and the gfs LR continues to hit on both the PNA and more recently NAO.

I do believe we'll see at least a two week period where the AO/NAO go negative this February or starting late January setting up our best odds at snowfall.

Guest Pamela

Models are looking better moving forward. We might have turned the corner.

Yes...we are crossing the Rubicon...

<bonus points to the first one who can place the quote w/o a google search / honor system>

Guest Pamela

Caesar. Julius. Now, if it's from a movie, I haven't a clue.

Good job...its been repeated many times since, of course. 

The one I cite most often from the 16th century work would be, "I am as constant as the Northern Star", and I delight in using it to describe myself.

Good job...its been repeated many times since, of course.

The one I cite most often from the 16th century work would be, "I am as constant as the Northern Star", and I delight in using it to describe myself.

One is only as modest and humble as one portrays himself... Mob1, circa 2014.

Guest Pamela

i want to get below zero for the first time in 21 years this week. let's hope the clipper delivers and we get a quick inch with arctic front snow squalls wednesday afternoon

I thought you preferred warmer weather...

Archived