Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we love the Euro when it's showing ice/snow for this Sat, but it has to be wrong because op and control runs are showing west coast trough around Christhmas !! ? Pattern change engage, west coast trough is a comin'

hmm no u need more than one model agreement for this too be a fact both the gefs  an cmc  ensembels has kicked the euro butt lately untill we have this agreement its looking more like a sw bias from the great euro.https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FLarryCosgrove%2Fstatus%2F545037448649011202%2Fphoto%2F1&h=bAQHguHyL

^

Who knows? Not me.

But it's interesting how quiet Ryan Maue, JB and even DT have been the past few hours. Is that a sign of pattern change? or of forecast change?

Stay tuned .....

Tensions are high at WxBell HQ as JB and Ryan got into a slap fight over how the GFS has been doing well, even though JB bashes it all the time. 

Okay guys. I'm pretty tired of seeing people purposely trying to start crap with other posters etc.  The reason why we "tried the regional forums again" was because **** didn't work before.  Don't mess it up.

Not quite sure what everyone's problem is with whoever,but it's disgusting.  There are doom sayers saying WINTER IS OVER! and there are people saying give it time.  People are fighting over the basic fundamentals of weather, temperature, snow, ice, whatever.  

There are a ton of people who post over here that deserve a red tag regardless if they have the degree to show it or not.  There's also mets who deserve to have no tag at all.  Thank God I'm not mod here because everyone would leave.

get along, or dont cry if sub forums and all the like go away.  seriously, wtf.  GET ALONG.

Let me give you an example:

I know a lot about computer tech.

Someone doesn't know **** about computers, I help them try to learn while I build their ****.  I don't try to be "right".  **** off with that.

Perhaps we need to introduce a misery index into the equation.  Man, it's always something new!  The SE misery index will be all the rage next winter!... until it fails us, too!

I think a butthurt meter may be more appropriate, it's off the charts tonight! I wish you guys made it this exciting during our dull hurricane seasons. lol

GFS 0z must be rockin

The parallel is almost, sort of, kind of, close for N NC, but not really.  The 00z GFS is just a disastrous run.  DC didn't even get a trace of precip.

Don't worry.  The GGEM, UKMET, and Euro will save us!!!  :lmao:

EDIT: GGEM and UKMET are disasters.  Now it's up to the King to turn the tide!!!  :yikes:

fwiw......I agree with your bolded. While it's nice to have a snowpack and it does help, it is not a necessity. 

NOW.........if there is anything further to say on this subject, take it to the banter thread before timeouts are issued   :angry:

Here's what I don't get. This is a weather forum and they are having a discussion about weather. What is wrong with that??? Why is that banter? Everything they present is relevant to the discussion.  I just don't get the heavy handed moderation. 

Here's what I don't get. This is a weather forum and they are having a discussion about weather. What is wrong with that??? Why is that banter? Everything they present is relevant to the discussion.  I just don't get the heavy handed moderation. 

It's pretty much been settled man.. but in all honesty.. everyone needs to get their "learning" mindset on.  Regardless of who's right or wrong.. there's always a chance to learn..  Hopefully some mets can come around and shut everyone up with their thoughts.  So far we are in for a long Winter.

It's pretty much been settled man.. but in all honesty.. everyone needs to get their "learning" mindset on. Regardless of who's right or wrong.. there's always a chance to learn.. Hopefully some mets can come around and shut everyone up with their thoughts. So far we are in for a long Winter.

wait till you get older, time will fly by. Just ask jburns.

Raysweather.com updated comments for White Christmas chances next week in the NC High Country:

http://www.averyweather.com/Forecast/Beech+Mountain

Heading into Christmas, things get more exciting. A little White for Christmas is a possibility. A potent low moves from the Texas Panhandle Monday into the Southeast Tuesday. Ahead of the system, it will be slightly warming, meaning rain for us Tuesday (mostly late day and at night) into Wednesday. Much colder air whips in from the northwest Wednesday changing rain to snow showers. Santa's ride looks bumpy (windy) and cold with snow showers. Christmas Day will be cold with a snow showers or flurries possible

(Hopefully at least a dust up, several inches likely)

Good post Dacula. Agree 100%. There has been disagreement in some posts, but it has been very respectful and not at all hostile. The discussion has related to the current weather pattern. There is a pattern change coming and there is a ton of energy in the pattern. Perfect formula for wild model swings. Lots to discuss and agree or disagree about. Lots to learn from these discussions for many of us. I did not know we were supposed to agree on everything. Seems like the most aggression has come from the mods in trying to stop the discussion that they don't want to hear.

Stolen from JamieO

Helpful hints to posting on AmericanWx this winter:

- Post like a Tourette's Syndrome victim on meth

- Be hyper-vigilant about 300+ hour threats

- Always err on the side of ridiculous when posting your snow obs

- Make devastating judgments about the quality of your winter based on one model run losing a storm

- Never relax during a storm - dry slots can happen at any time

- Never go outside during a snowstorm because you'll miss the latest radar update

- A missed storm can be the worst thing that has ever happened in your life. Be sure to share those thoughts in your region's subforum.

- If your region misses a storm, take it out on the subforum of the region that's getting the storm

- Share every single forecast/idea you have, in great detail - what do those red taggers have over you other than experience and expertise?

- The pro-snow mets are like a big brother who always gets you presents and tells you you're awesome all the time

- The anti-snow mets are like a big brother who tries to push you down the basement steps and calls you mean names

- Forky is like a big brother who sets your pet hamster on fire right in front of you

- Smart, reasonable people = Big meanies and are your enemy

- If the staff five-posts you or bans you, never forget there are hundreds of online forums where you can bash AmericanWx

- Never forget that stuff like family, pets, significant others, girlfriends/boyfriends, work, life, etc. all take a back seat to frozen water crystals falling out of the sky

From Facebook. This is a met with the NC Climate Office.

Folks, I'm going to be honest, I'm getting a little excited. The models are looking better and better for the period after Christmas extending into the first week of January. I've been talking about this since October, and it appears it's finally about to be game on. I continue to eye the period roughly from 12/27 to 1/1 for our first real threat for winter weather, and some of the guidance is beginning to pick up on this signal. In the included image, it's the storm showing up over SW Montana on Christmas Eve that will dive southeastward and could be a southern U.S. winter storm threat just after Christmas.

Why does this one have potential? The models have come into fairly strong agreement that our Christmas storm is going to rapidly deepen into a major upper and surface low pressure system as it moves into the eastern U.S. This one will be rain for Central NC, but it will also be the mechanism that catapults cold air back into the southeastern U.S. as it drives a strong cold front through behind it.

Meanwhile, with a west based, negative NAO in place to the north, it will cause this storm to become trapped over southern Canada, which would in-turn force the next storm system to track much further south and also deliver a continual feed of cold air into our region.

It's still a long way out (at least 10 days), but this is going to be the first one we have to watch closely I believe.

That is 1300m.....lol

Stolen from JamieO

Helpful hints to posting on AmericanWx this winter:

- Post like a Tourette's Syndrome victim on meth

- Be hyper-vigilant about 300+ hour threats

- Always err on the side of ridiculous when posting your snow obs

- Make devastating judgments about the quality of your winter based on one model run losing a storm

- Never relax during a storm - dry slots can happen at any time

- Never go outside during a snowstorm because you'll miss the latest radar update

- A missed storm can be the worst thing that has ever happened in your life. Be sure to share those thoughts in your region's subforum.

- If your region misses a storm, take it out on the subforum of the region that's getting the storm

- Share every single forecast/idea you have, in great detail - what do those red taggers have over you other than experience and expertise?

- The pro-snow mets are like a big brother who always gets you presents and tells you you're awesome all the time

- The anti-snow mets are like a big brother who tries to push you down the basement steps and calls you mean names

- Forky is like a big brother who sets your pet hamster on fire right in front of you

- Smart, reasonable people = Big meanies and are your enemy

- If the staff five-posts you or bans you, never forget there are hundreds of online forums where you can bash AmericanWx

- Never forget that stuff like family, pets, significant others, girlfriends/boyfriends, work, life, etc. all take a back seat to frozen water crystals falling out of the sky

The bolded are my favorites  :lol: 

I agree with both of you guys!  MariettaWX has been instigating fights for way too long!  Too bad Webber was put in timeout or banned because Marietta was the one who deserved it!  And a mod instigating an argument to get someone banned is definitely uncalled for.  Seems like a double standard in my opinion. And has an apparent favoritism towards Marietta as well.  I guess illogical and uneducated banter is more important than a logical well thought out post relevant to the discussion. 

Marietta had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Webber couldn't just let things go. He was not put in timeout and it's laughable to say that I was instigating. I suggest you both read more and post less if this is all you have to say. Have a nice day. 

Good post Dacula. Agree 100%. There has been disagreement in some posts, but it has been very respectful and not at all hostile. The discussion has related to the current weather pattern. There is a pattern change coming and there is a ton of energy in the pattern. Perfect formula for wild model swings. Lots to discuss and agree or disagree about. Lots to learn from these discussions for many of us. I did not know we were supposed to agree on everything. Seems like the most aggression has come from the mods in trying to stop the discussion that they don't want to hear.

Archived