• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

I always love it when the first storm sets the table for the next one, cause, ya know, that always works out. Gotta get the cutter out of the way to shake the pattern up. That Miller Screw nor'easter will pump up heights in the NAO region. We need that Apps runner to put down a good snow pack and force the next one south. You bet!

Money!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from Atlanta met Glenn Burns:

Warm or cold winter ?

I was speaking with a good friend of mine tonight about this winter. He owns an energy forecast company. He and several other meteorologists and physicists developed long-range weather models and are so far beyond anything the government puts out. They are extremely accurate. So here's the deal. He says Dec 27 through about Jan 3rd we will have colder than normal temps. Then he surprised me by saying mid 60s would return in the middle of January ! Karen Minton's ( another Atlanta met) FB followers raise bees and they say all signs from the bees point to a mild winter.

That's what happens ....

Warm or cold winter ?

I was speaking with a good friend of mine tonight about this winter. He owns an energy forecast company. He and several other meteorologists and physicists developed long-range weather models and are so far beyond anything the government puts out. They are extremely accurate. So here's the deal. He says Dec 27 through about Jan 3rd we will have colder than normal temps. Then he surprised me by saying mid 60s would return in the middle of January ! Karen Minton's ( another Atlanta met) FB followers raise bees and they say all signs from the bees point to a mild winter.

Where's lookout?

Warm or cold winter ?

I hate bees.

I would be worried about the Burns post but two things put my mind at ease. 1. He's a troll. 2. He literally said on the news tonight that he believes that January will be cold and snowy for the southeast.

Glenn burns didn't say that. A friend of his said that.

And would he be a troll if his friend was saying the opposite? :)

Glenn burns didn't say that. A friend of his said that.

And would he be a troll if his friend was saying the opposite? :)

He's a troll. We've had multiple altercations on social media... He picks the model that doesn't show cold/snow. And when he's wrong after the storm he acts like he predicted it. Ive grown up watching it.

I always love it when the first storm sets the table for the next one, cause, ya know, that always works out. Gotta get the cutter out of the way to shake the pattern up. That Miller Screw nor'easter will pump up heights in the NAO region. We need that Apps runner to put down a good snow pack and force the next one south. You bet!

We have to rationalize or else we'd all go nuts in this snow-depraved region called the Southeast... When you really only have a small percentage of a success rate, you have to create artificial successes in order to stay sane. So, yes, that cutter in Southern Ontario that's giving us 80-degree highs and severe thunderstorms is going to set up a foot of snow in our backyards in a month...

:lol:  True   :P    

btw Brick......thanks for altering your posting habits this year  :hug:

For those that haven't........take this as a warning as we move into the winter season. My patience is running very low, especially in the PINNED discussion thread. If you are finding your posts removed or placed into banter, before you post again in a PINNED thread, think twice. :banned:  

I would love to see what A March 1993 thread would have looked like. The joy and agony would have been the most epic of epic threads.

There wouldn't have been an observation thread.  Power was out for a week IMBY in Lenoir, NC.  School was out for two weeks.  It was awesome and epic, but you could only have enjoyed it with your immediate neighbors because it was impossible to have contact with the outside world.

Archived