joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know folks are skeptics about the pattern change but I feel strongly it will happen just after Christmas. This is a great great look we have on the LR models. Remember for anyone from ATL to CLT to RDU you don't need huge epic cold...it's good to have but as long as you get that +PNA, -AO and -NAO we will get something wintry more likely than not and with all the energy floating around at the start of the change I think we have a 90% shot of getting a good storm between Christmas and just after New Year. Of course the weather has been known to make fools of us all!

There wouldn't have been an observation thread. Power was out for a week IMBY in Lenoir, NC. School was out for two weeks. It was awesome and epic, but you could only have enjoyed it with your immediate neighbors because it was impossible to have contact with the outside world.

yeah our power and school was out for weeks. But today we have cell phones so we can post!

There wouldn't have been an observation thread.  Power was out for a week IMBY in Lenoir, NC.  School was out for two weeks.  It was awesome and epic, but you could only have enjoyed it with your immediate neighbors because it was impossible to have contact with the outside world.

amazingly with 10" of snow and high winds we kept power.  The difference between the have's and the have not's was striking.

I don't know. I remember growing up with no Internet, a rotary phone, using an antenna to pick up sometimes 3 channels on tv.

I'm right there with you. One TV in the living room with an antenna on the roof, wood stove for heat, and listening to the weather radio for the latest updates. Then staring out the window at the pole-light waiting for that first snowflake to fall...... well, at least that hasn't changed LOL

The pattern change is going to start/ occur by mid January, it will be kick started with the start warming of epic proportions! :)

Well, the pattern change in mid-January is only a pattern-setting pattern change.  It will "set the table", so to speak, for the real pattern change we want.  So, I wouldn't expect a change to a real productive pattern until late February or early March at this point.  March should be rockin'!

FaithInTheFlakes!  :tomato:

Sooooo, we've went from:

Rockin' winter all DJFM. Fail.

Pattern change Christmas week. FAIL.

Pattern change by New Year's. FAIL.

And now we're at pattern change by mid-January.

Haha, it's actually depressingly comical. The last week of LR positive progress is slowly being destroyed. -PNA, SE Ridge, EURO model going into the crapper, you name it.

And somehow, everyone's like "blah blah this is SUPPOSED to happen (oh really? No one mentioned ANY of this in November) THIS indice will overcome THIS indice and cause THIS indicie to do THAT, thus bringing the cold, stormy SE pattern...four weeks from now.

Just face the music. This is going down as one of the biggest busts in the history of this board dating back to WWBB. I'd never seen such a large number of meteorologists concur on such a robustly cold and snowy winter in my internet-accessible life. And here we are watching the weeks disappear like sand in an hourglass.

Ah. I feel better now. And you will too once you accept the truth. Kifflom!

EDIT: And to clarify, I AM NOT bashing the absolutely brilliant Mets we have here on this board. They are fantastic.

Everything pointed at a great winter for us. But we can have all the models, analogs, climo, gut feelings and indices we want, but we can't predict mother earth.

Sooooo, we've went from:

Pattern change Christmas week. FAIL.

Pattern change by New Year's. FAIL.

And now we're at pattern change by mid-January.

Haha, it's actually depressingly comical. The last week of LR positive progress is slowly being destroyed. -PNA, SE Ridge, EURO model going into the crapper, you name it.

And somehow, everyone's like "blah blah this is SUPPOSED to happen (oh really? No one mentioned ANY of this in November) THIS indice will overcome THIS indice and cause THIS indicie to do THAT, thus bringing the cold, stormy SE pattern...four weeks from now.

Just face the music.

This is going down as one of the biggest busts in the history of this board dating back to WWBB. I'd never seen such a large number of meteorologists concur on such a robustly cold and snowy winter in my internet-accessible life. And here we are watching the weeks disappear like sand in an hourglass.

Ah. I feel better now. And you will too once you accept the truth. Kifflom!

Yeah, the justification keeps getting more and more comical.  Some folks could explain how to get a snowy pattern in the Sahara desert.

I had that problem late last night using Chrome.  I just signed out and back in and everything has worked fine since.

Been happening intermittently. Even cleaned cache, rebooted, deleted cookies and it sometimes loads and sometimes hangs on a spinning gear.

Probably something on the server end, since it is not browser specific.

And to clarify, I AM NOT bashing the absolutely brilliant Mets we have here on this board. They are fantastic.

Everything pointed at a great winter for us. But we can have all the models and indices we want, but we can't predict mother earth.

Me either but..... People trying to explain why a -PNA would be a good thing makes my head hurt. -PNA is a killer for snow in the SE. Regardless if we get a - PNA or not it's never a good indicator for snow chances in the SE region. Also the suggestion that we can't get a good snowstorm unless we have snowpack to our north, I call BS.

Archived