joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atleast someone is benefitting from this awesome pattern! California really needed the rain and I'm glad they are catching up! Looking forward to my 2nd day of around 70s highs, really feels like Christhmas and now , who knows when/ if the cold ever gets down here, according to the latest model runs!? :(

Can someone give me a website or the actual times for the model runs at 0z, gfs, cmc, euro, etc.. With storms starting to show up I can never remember what the actual time is when looking at the maps. Thanks!

10:30 pm for 0z GFS, CMC starts around 11pm, and the Euro runs from around 12:45 am thru 2am or so.

Can someone give me a website or the actual times for the model runs at 0z, gfs, cmc, euro, etc..   With storms starting to show up I can never remember what the actual time is when looking at the maps. Thanks!  

All of these are start time. GFS/Euro/CMC/NAM typically take an hour and half to run.

GFS: 6z 4:30am.  12z 10:30am. 18z 4:30pm. 00z 10:30pm. 

Euro: 12z 12:45pm. 00z 12:45am

NAM: 6z 2:30am. 12z 8:30am. 18z 2:30pm. 00z 8:30pm.

CMC: 12z 11:00 am. 00z 11:00pm 

Macon experienced a 40 degree Hi/Lo spread yesterday. 

Low of 26deg and  High of 66deg.

Gotta love days like that.

Macon's spread today will end up being at least 43 degrees! (28 to 71+). Delta probably is having trouble figuring out how to dress. ;)

Strange, indeed! Dalton holding in the 30's IF that is accurate. Why are they so cold?

I drove from Macon to marietta an hour or so ago. It was tee shirt weather on the north side of Macon, got to marietta and saw a billboard thermometer at 45 I told my fiancée it has to be wrong it's like 65 out there. Well got out of the car when I got home and learned the 45 was right. Weird little temperature profile going on right now.

I drove from Macon to marietta an hour or so ago. It was tee shirt weather on the north side of Macon, got to marietta and saw a billboard thermometer at 45 I told my fiancée it has to be wrong it's like 65 out there. Well got out of the car when I got home and learned the 45 was right. Weird little temperature profile going on right now.

Marietta,

This much contrast seems quite unusual considering no cold front between them (as far as I know) and no storminess/cloudiness in N GA to skew things. It is almost as if there really is a cold front. One of the strangest days in GA in a long time. Things like this make wx fascinating to me.

MCN's high was only 8 below the record while its low was only 10 above the record!

What did you eat at Spanky's and how was it?

Marietta,

This much contrast seems quite unusual considering no cold front between them (as far as I know) and no storminess/cloudiness in N GA to skew things. It is almost as if there really is a cold front. One of the strangest days in GA in a long time. Things like this make wx fascinating to me.

MCN's high was only 8 below the record while its low was only 10 above the record!

What did you eat at Spanky's and how was it?

I get beat up a lot here, but this was a weird one...

It's in the forecast! for this package anyways, sure it will change 20 times by Friday, lol...........

.FRIDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. RAIN LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE
LOWER 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...RAIN AND SNOW LIKELY IN THE MORNING...THEN RAIN
LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. COOLER. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE
MID 30S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. RAIN LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF
SNOW IN THE EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW AFTER
MIDNIGHT. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE MID 30S. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE MORNING. HIGHS IN
THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

Bipolar board, looks good pattern change is gettin closer, wait the pattern change has stalled, ok it's getting closer, wait it's getting pushed back now. Lucy, Lucy lucy. Pattern change moving along like it should be, stalled out again, getting pushed back to the new year.

hoe lee sheet

Exactly, peeps need to chill.

Yeah man those are great!  It is really a trial and error thing.  The street light I bet really effected a few shots.  That is why I had to get behind a rock up their because the city lights (and there wasn't much) keep flaring out my photos.

Yeah, I'm only 15 miles from Raleigh so light pollution hid lot of stars. Still, last night's sky was one of the better ones I can get since it was dry and clear.

Archived