joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old guy just updated his internet access.  Eat your heart out.  :)

Last Result:
Download Speed: 845876 kbps (105734.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 30185 kbps (3773.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 1 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
Packet Loss: -1%
12/12/2014, 4:28:49 PM

The old guy just updated his internet access. Eat your heart out. :)

Last Result:

Download Speed: 845876 kbps (105734.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 30185 kbps (3773.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 1 ms

Jitter: 1 ms

Packet Loss: -1%

Get that Jitter below 1, man. This is 2014 for heaven's sake!

The old guy just updated his internet access.  Eat your heart out.   :)

Last Result:

I hate you.  I'm stuck with 30mbit.  All we have.  Those speeds are ridiculous unless you download a ton though.

The old guy just updated his internet access.  Eat your heart out.   :)

Last Result:

wait...is this fiber?

I pay a lot for 20mbps through time warner...and you don't even do any online gaming do you? All that bandwidth....and that up speed....mines probably like 2mbps

Get that Jitter below 1, man. This is 2014 for heaven's sake!

lol  OK  got it.

Last Result:

Download Speed: 849608 kbps (106201 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 29953 kbps (3744.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 2 ms

Jitter: 0 ms

12/12/2014, 4:45:43 PM

wait...is this fiber?

I pay a lot for 20mbps through time warner...and you don't even do any online gaming do you? All that bandwidth....and that up speed....mines probably like 2mbps

20mbit should be sufficient for most games.  It usually depends on where you are locally vs the game server.  But the speeds Jburns is pulling is ridiculous.  It's like he is planning on downloading 200gigs a day!

I hate you.  I'm stuck with 30mbit.  All we have.  Those speeds are ridiculous unless you download a ton though.

I was paying $69  for 30Mps.  This is $70 for 1000Mps.  Not a hard decision.

I know it is crazy speed, but hell it was basically free.  If they can feed it fast enough I can download a full 4k movie in a few minutes.  In any case I think I have had my last internet update in this life.  lol

I know it is crazy speed, but hell it was basically free.  If they can feed it fast enough I can download a full 4k movie in a few minutes.  In any case I think I have had my last internet update in this life.  lol

$50 from Time Warner for 50Mbps here, 300Mbps coming next year for the same price supposedly.

Definitely.  1Gig net isn't here yet.  praying it comes.

20mbit should be sufficient for most games.  It usually depends on where you are locally vs the game server.  But the speeds Jburns is pulling is ridiculous.  It's like he is planning on downloading 200gigs a day!

Ridiculous huh.   I'm already looking at tomorrow's 12Z Euro.  Now what do you have to say.  :)

Yeah it's fine for xbox life. Had to prioritize VoIP on my router so my mic wouldn't cut in and out but other than that it's great for what I need. Still can't wait until google fiber comes to Garner though.

On investigating the chinese model and it's verification scores (didn't find any) I found the Beijing Climate Center seasonal forecast (D/J/F) made on 11/22. Interesting. I'm going deeper than Bastardi with the JMA, but I figured some would like to see it.

I like that you flipped that image from the pattern thread around for us, Jon.  Now I don't have to turn my computer upside down.  :thumbsup:

Yeah it's fine for xbox life. Had to prioritize VoIP on my router so my mic wouldn't cut in and out but other than that it's great for what I need. Still can't wait until google fiber comes to Garner though.

Glorious Google fiber.  That is when I think I can get off of TWC.  I'm stuck with them for various reasons... internet and tv for sports..

But Google offers a television & internet package thankfully.  Cheaper!

Just need to make sure they have the SEC network by then.  Also, you can probably change the bandwidth usage of the voice/codec used on the xbox, but I'm not 100% sure on that.  If you use wireless, sometimes that can cause spikes.

I like that you flipped that image from the pattern thread around for us, Jon.  Now I don't have to turn my computer upside down.  :thumbsup:

no problem I got you. :drunk:

Glorious Google fiber.  That is when I think I can get off of TWC.  I'm stuck with them for various reasons... internet and tv for sports..

But Google offers a television & internet package thankfully.  Cheaper!

Just need to make sure they have the SEC network by then.  Also, you can probably change the bandwidth usage of the voice/codec used on the xbox, but I'm not 100% sure on that.  If you use wireless, sometimes that can cause spikes.

Yeah I think my router is a little outdated I tried to prioritize the bandwidth as well but since my games aren't laggy to begin with once I did VoIP everything worked fine. At first I thought my connection wasn't good enough but it was an easy fix.

I think it's obviously consistent now between all models. Unlike what you probably saw which was mostly OP gfs postings, you'd be blind not to think we are headed into a favorable pattern. Everything is screaming it.

We will see. When we get less than 7 days out, I might believe it. We have seen this game many times with the models showing favorable patterns 2+ weeks out and the timeframe continuously getting pushed backed.

BTW I'm not expecting any winter weather here. I just like to see others getting in on it.

My temps for this weekend and this week keep getting inched up every day. A few days ago it was upper 50s for the weekend and lower 50s after Monday, even an upper 40s or two. Now it is mid 60s for the weekend and 60 for Mon and Tuesday with mid 50s after. We always seem to play this game :( Yesterday was supposed to be 60 but got to 63, can't help but think we could see mid to upper 60 the next couple days. Triple dog yuck!

Archived