joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ The ridging is a response to the trough in the west. There's no reason that we should have a SE ridge this year. But if the Euro turns out correct and the trough does settle out west, you can expect ridging in the east....and vice versa.

Reminds me of one word from a post Jon made last year - "entropy"

I've been gone all day.  Did I miss anything?

Rhetorical question.  I just finished reading every post in made this thread since last night.  It seems as if Webber was the topic of the day. IMO, he had more that ample warnings and not just from Michelle.  I asked him to drop the argument repeatedly last night as well.  There is no doubt Webber possesses a great deal of knowledge about the weather. However, posting on a public board,  of any type, also requires interpersonal skills.  If you take every comment that differs from your view as a personal challenge, your stay will be a short one.  That holds true for every board with which I have ever been associated.  

In the weather arena, I am sure we can all think of a talented met or two, that while knowledgeable, spends much of their time in pointless arguments with other posters.  Some are so set in their ways as to be beyond  hope.  Webber, being young, can certainly develop the skills to be able to present his usually excellent ideas, without engaging in combat with anyone that expresses a different view.  Hopefully he will come back a bit wiser in this regard.  If not........

I've been gone all day. Did I miss anything?

Rhetorical question. I just finished reading every post in made this thread since last night. It seems as if Webber was the topic of the day. IMO, he had more that ample warnings and not just from Michelle. I asked him to drop the argument repeatedly last night as well. There is no doubt Webber possesses a great deal of knowledge about the weather. However, posting on a public board, of any type, also requires interpersonal skills. If you take every comment that differs from your view as a personal challenge, your stay will be a short one. That holds true for every board with which I have ever been associated.

In the weather arena, I am sure we can all think of a talented met or two, that while knowledgeable, spends much of their time in pointless arguments with other posters. Some are so set in their ways as to be beyond hope. Webber, being young, can certainly develop the skills to be able to present his usually excellent ideas, without engaging in combat with anyone that expresses a different view. Hopefully he will come back a bit wiser in this regard. If not........

You have Brick and I to pick up the slack!

Your welcome! :)

Archived