• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

You should have PM'd him offline about this.  It wasn't handled very well by anyone. 

He was sent a message last night and he still chose to ignore the warning   <_<      

hindsight is always 50/50 (haha Cam Newton smh)... I want to give kuddos to Marietta & Larry, a couple weeks ago when they had a fight they eventually worked it out and got back to being amiable after it spiraled out of control. I think the key is that both parties have to let the proverbially sleeping dog lie. When feelings get hurt or both parties think they are in the right it usually takes one of the involved to make the first step toward peace instead of continuing to stir the pot. 

I'm not taking either side on this, just saying someone has to lead by example at some point for the conflict to have a path to an agreeable solution. Not always the easiest thing to do 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hindsight is always 50/50 (haha Cam Newton smh)... I want to give kuddos to Marietta & Larry, a couple weeks ago when they had a fight they eventually worked it out and got back to being amiable after it spiraled out of control. I think the key is that both parties have to let the proverbially sleeping dog lie. When feelings get hurt or both parties think they are in the right it usually takes one of the involved to make the first step toward peace instead of continuing to stir the pot. 

I'm not taking either side on this, just saying someone has to lead by example at some point for the conflict to have a path to an agreeable solution. Not always the easiest thing to do 

Larry was the bigger person there, he sent me a PM and stuck his hand out first.  I apologized for everything that went down and we did bury that hatchet, kudos to Larry on that one for sure.  I was taught to never disrespect and turn down an offer of peace from someone who is trying to make things right in a bad situation, advise I would give to anyone.  What was said between me and him I'll keep private but we did find common ground and were able to move on from that unfortunate incident.

I've known Eric for awhile on Twitter and from Weather Underground, so it wasn't surprising to see him getting in an argument on here eventually. He's a brilliant guy, but he really need to stop trying too hard to fight back whenever someone attack his ideas (that happens often over jealously). Sometimes he need to let it go because these arguments typically go nowhere but people getting their feelings hurt.

i think alot of people are going to get burned on this so called pattern flip... a couple days ago models were showing a nice block but  now it is short lived..there are more model solutions hanging the cold up in the west.... so i dont know what the hype is... you give me a setup like the january 28th storm last year where there was snow on the ground for three days or more and temps didnt get above 30 degrees for 48 or more hours then ill get excited... but models are all over the place right now

i think alot of people are going to get burned on this so called pattern flip... a couple days ago models were showing a nice block but  now it is short lived..there are more model solutions hanging the cold up in the west.... so i dont know what the hype is... you give me a setup like the january 28th storm last year where there was snow on the ground for three days or more and temps didnt get above 30 degrees for 48 or more hours then ill get excited... but models are all over the place right now

Using logic and reason can get you in trouble around here, tread lightly or the mob will get you.  Hype things up or you are the enemy.

Stolen from JamieO

Helpful hints to posting on AmericanWx this winter:

- Post like a Tourette's Syndrome victim on meth

- Be hyper-vigilant about 300+ hour threats

- Always err on the side of ridiculous when posting your snow obs

- Make devastating judgments about the quality of your winter based on one model run losing a storm

- Never relax during a storm - dry slots can happen at any time

- Never go outside during a snowstorm because you'll miss the latest radar update

- A missed storm can be the worst thing that has ever happened in your life. Be sure to share those thoughts in your region's subforum.

- If your region misses a storm, take it out on the subforum of the region that's getting the storm

- Share every single forecast/idea you have, in great detail - what do those red taggers have over you other than experience and expertise?

- The pro-snow mets are like a big brother who always gets you presents and tells you you're awesome all the time

- The anti-snow mets are like a big brother who tries to push you down the basement steps and calls you mean names

- Forky is like a big brother who sets your pet hamster on fire right in front of you

- Smart, reasonable people = Big meanies and are your enemy

- If the staff five-posts you or bans you, never forget there are hundreds of online forums where you can bash AmericanWx

- Never forget that stuff like family, pets, significant others, girlfriends/boyfriends, work, life, etc. all take a back seat to frozen water crystals falling out of the sky

LOL...it's day 12, does that count? It's taking the past week to get us to day 12. So based on that the pattern will be good when...

If we take 3 days to get closer by a day, we should be rockin' by mid-February or early March at the latest.  :guitar:

I am hoping for another 4 day cold rain event. 36f and light rain ftw!

Yes!  A classic NC winter storm!  We're the best at those!

Using logic and reason can get you in trouble around here, tread lightly or the mob will get you.  Hype things up or you are the enemy.

Yeah, all the mets using evidence and factors coming into this winter compared with the winters in the past that featured the same things were just trying to hype things just for the sake of hyping it.  :rolleyes: 

Yeah, all the mets using evidence and factors coming into this winter compared with the winters in the past that featured the same things were just trying to hype things just for the sake of hyping it.  :rolleyes: 

I didn't say anything about the mets that post on AMWX. 

But since you did :

- The pro-snow mets are like a big brother who always gets you presents and tells you you're awesome all the time

- The anti-snow mets are like a big brother who tries to push you down the basement steps and calls you mean names

I didn't say anything about the mets that post on AMWX. 

But since you did :

Then who is it, because all the mets that post on here said coming into this winter that it will be a big one, and they all had evidence and indicators to back it up. No one was just hyping things. They had valid reasons to say that.

There is something called an in-game adjustment.

Yeah, but coming into this winter those mets were using logic, reason, and evidence based on what we have no and what has happened in the past with the same factors. And no one has been hyping anything here since. Just because someone is pessimistic about things no matter what doesn't mean others are hyping anything up. 

Then who is it, because all the mets that post on here said coming into this winter that it will be a big one, and they all had evidence and indicators to back it up. No one was just hyping things. They had valid reasons to say that.

I'm not going to callout individual people.  The weenie brigade knows who they are.  You at times are their spokesperson.

Yeah, but coming into this winter those mets were using logic, reason, and evidence based on what we have no and what has happened in the past with the same factors. And no one has been hyping anything here since. Just because someone is pessimistic about things no matter what doesn't mean others are hyping anything up.

Whomever quoted " never trust analog cold" or something to that effect this morning , should have that trademarked!! Looks like truer words may have never been spoken, well said!!

Archived