joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible NYC snow Wed Night or Thursday

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to see the gfs east as that's pretty much our only hope out here.

I will say though 1003 worries me. I could see some disappointed people in the urban heat islands. As we just don't have the dynamics to fully cool the column to the ground for true accumulations. (Other then typical marginal situations grass cars cats haha)

I would like to see 980 at 40/70 for plow-able SE of NYC and NYC proper.

Euro tonight will be interesting for sure-hopefully it at least ticks east. If so, this is looking more like an I-95 event. The interaction between the lead and front pieces of energy and the progressiveness of the trough as a whole will be key. Hopefully we don't see the amount of phasing the 12z Euro had, which caused the ridge to pump and a low tucked in very near the coast. 

For the coast, a N or NNE wind is what we want, and a low tracking the way the GFS/GGEM has would be great for us. We don't want a long ENE fetch like the Euro had-this would be a killer for us.

Can we please keep this thread dedicated to models and analysis and banter on the banter.

I made 36 posts today...some of them pretty fair or at least off beat...and the only reply you give me is to deliver an admonishment...I mean, its a perfectly legitimate admonishment, but still...

That should excite coastal folks more than the GFS. The ukmet was def more tucked in at 12z

Considering it's the number 2 skill score model that's a good sign for a BM hit. That leaves the euro at the western edge of the envelope.

I made 36 posts today...some of them pretty fair or at least off beat...and the only reply you give me is to deliver an admonishment...I mean, its a perfectly legitimate admonishment, but still...

This is an analysis thread...keep this stuff confined to banter.

I expect the 0z ECM to tick east considering the ensemble cluster and the new data in the 0z GFS, but I don't think it'll be a dramatic shift. I still believe most of LI will change to rain with the low tracking inside the benchmark. 

Archived