joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible NYC snow Wed Night or Thursday

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, I say the NAM being east could mean something, yet, that Isentropiclift guy, said I was embarrassing myself.

Saying a model can "mean something" is kind of a broad statement that could potential apply to any model... I could say the same about any other model... What makes you think that the NAM holds any clue as to the outcome?!? 12 hours ago it had cloudy skies for the entire area

The RGEM is even less amped than the NAM at 48....RGEM not great beyond 36 but interesting nonetheless.

Would really be hilarious if the jackpot is eastern Long Island with 3-6". Chances are, these runs mean nothing, but it's not like we haven't seen this happen before and turned out to be true. The euro is much more likely to be closer to the solution than the NAM, but it doesn't mean that it's solution will come true either. Even if the NAM's 00z solution is closer to what really happens, it's not a "victory" for the NAM. It clearly has wild ups and downs

Nothing wrong in discussing a model on a weather board.

Agreed; if it's a correct analysis of any model I think it should be allowed, regardless of the accuracy. We all know that all models have their biases, and we just have to realize that we should take each model's solutions with a grain of salt. If the current NAM solution is correct, I will be shocked, but it is certainly not out of the question. It's just the fact that the NAM shows a completely radically different outcome every model run, there's hardly a trend to even notice. And it just doesn't make sense meteorologically. 

This is gonna be a brutal winter season with you guys and gals. Its not even December yet...

We can break out the razorblades for the first time this year if the GFS comes in wide right, my hunch tells me its going to be close to 18Z but nothing would surprise me anymore, the last 3-4 winters the models have been really bad on numerous systems inside 4 days.

We can break out the razorblades for the first time this year if the GFS comes in wide right, my hunch tells me its going to be close to 18Z but nothing would surprise me anymore, the last 3-4 winters the models have been really bad on numerous systems inside 4 days.

I know, I've been around long enough. Wayyy into the Eastern days..lol I mostly keep quiet, read and look at the maps. but its already like the bottom of the 9th, one run down, bases loaded and a full count...

People need to just relax. We got a long wayyy to go folks.

Isn't that the truth. I recall wild flips last winter by most of the main models literally within a few hours of an event's start time. I attributed it to perhaps some peculiar difficulty with last winter's pattern. Very frustrating.

Well said ; too early to say winter cancel etc etc if this storm is a miss ..also in reality this is not December or January its November keep that in mind ..I remb a few years back we were all waiting for this epic snow storm ...a rare triple phaser ..storm warnings were out etc etc and we all know what happened there ..that's a heart break for a snow fan..so let's keep things in perspective.

Archived