joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible NYC snow Wed Night or Thursday

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made 36 posts today...some of them pretty fair or at least off beat...and the only reply you give me is to deliver an admonishment...I mean, its a perfectly legitimate admonishment, but still...

That was just timing. Wasn't aimed at u pam ( im sorry about that ) You were in the line of fire.

Had to climb over lotta garbage here before the 0z suite

Newbies.

It tends not to make big changes so it would likely move a bit east, it won't go all the way in one run

There were a few times last winter where all models except the Euro had a certain outcome, and everyone was expecting the Euro to cave but alas, within 24 hours all other models moved back towards Euro. Still too early folks.

DT cracks me up "the 00Z GFS is bull****"

Yeah I have no idea why he is constantly hugging the EURO so much... The GFS has actually been fairly consistent with this storm over the past couple of runs and honestly I think that it's solution is the most  plausible at the time. You can't ignore the fact that that every other model has this storm located at or just east of the benchmark. At this point the EURO is a borderline outlier. I expect it to shift SLIGHTLY east of 12z. I'm thinking that this storm ends up tracking just inside the benchmark. 

About half of the 00z GEFS members are West of the OP with the other half very close to the OP. Very few members are East of the OP.

The 00z UKMET looks like it would track over Long Island to me. And the UKMET is known for being too far southeast. It was the very last model to shift west for Boxing Day FWIW.

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

About half of the 00z GEFS members are West of the OP with the other half very close to the OP. Very few members are East of the OP.

The 00z UKMET looks like it would track over Long Island to me. And the UKMET is known for being too far southeast. It was the very last model to shift west for Boxing Day FWIW.

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

How would that track over LI?

Wow at your NW bias. It's hilarious.

The Ukmet would be near or just inside of the BM.

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

Where do you view the GFS ensembles, I have wxbell.

This is an analysis thread...keep this stuff confined to banter.

I expect the 0z ECM to tick east considering the ensemble cluster and the new data in the 0z GFS, but I don't think it'll be a dramatic shift. I still believe most of LI will change to rain with the low tracking inside the benchmark.

There is a reason we call it king euro. I think it shifts east too but not enough to cut it east of NYC. This run is huge to see if the trend continues. Climo screams climb the northern Gulf Stream wall and hence a closer to bench mark track though. Let's see what happens tonght!

The ukmet is EAST at 60 hours from where it was at 12z at 72 hours.

Instead of trying to draw a straight line back from hour 96 and saying inside etc.

Just go back 12 hours and see where it is off the SC coast.

It's east . Sorry. It's east and goes over the BM

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

There's no way that low would track over LI-the trough is carrying it east. Looks like it would probably scrape the outer Cape. And from what others are saying it's less amped than 12z.

850's are cold enough on the UKMET to support snow northwest of the city. The surface is a couple degrees above freezing in most of NNJ but cold enough for snow in those areas. LI is upper 30s to low 40s.

TT_GZ_UU_VV_072_0850.gif

Precip is over by hour 72 and by then 1.25" of precip has fallen for NYC as mostly snow.

Likely a solid 6"-10"

isentropic your posts about the ukmet are just flat out wrong. First of all, 0% chance on this run that the storms tracks over LI. 0%. I agree with jm thought it likely scrapes CC. Second of all, the precip is basically shut off at 72 so posting that showing the 850 temps and 2m temps is worthless. From 60-72 1.2in of liquid falls and the whole time the 850mb is below 0. Find me a layer above 0 other than the surface and you can make an argument its non-frozen. Again this is for NYC. LI does not do nearly as well as areas like queens, manhattan bronx.

isentropic your posts about the ukmet are just flat out wrong. First of all, 0% chance on this run that the storms tracks over LI. 0%. I agree with jm thought it likely scrapes CC. Second of all, the precip is basically shut off at 72 so posting that showing the 850 temps and 2m temps is worthless. From 60-72 1.2in of liquid falls and the whole time the 850mb is below 0. Find me a layer above 0 other than the surface and you can make an argument its non-frozen. Again this is for NYC. LI does not do nearly as well as areas like queens, manhattan bronx.

This.

He keeps posting the hour 72 map, when the precip is over.

Shut off at 72? Very wrong. This is not a 6 hour totals panel.

P1_GZ_D5_PN_072_0000.gif

Archived