Newest Member
    joxey
Possible NYC snow Wed Night or Thursday

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thx Anthony...

Can anyone say what the EURO showed for NJ last night...I'm hearing anything from C-2" to 10"??? Verbatim is it mostly snow or no? From the one map looks good with the 850 0 locked at the immediate coast...

Thx

It ticked east but not enough for coastal areas. Inland areas got hit hard on the Euro.

Thx Anthony...

Can anyone say what the EURO showed for NJ last night...I'm hearing anything from C-2" to 10"??? Verbatim is it mostly snow or no? From the one map looks good with the 850 0 locked at the immediate coast...

Thx

It was a good tick east but still too warm for the LI. 00z suite shifted east overall which is a positive for us on the coastal plain

DT is just flat out unprofessional and is condescending in his tone. How he acted the last couple pages is not acting as some who is a professional meterologist. that said this bickering isnt helping anyone and i think a few people are on the ban hammer hit list already

Chris i agree, unless it goes to the BM or east we on LI are cooked, last night trends were good but we need a continuation of the today to hopefully get coastal areas back in the game, as slim as the chances are :popcorn:

You're right to some extent. So send him a PM or just point out that he could have been less condescending in his tone and follow with your analysis. Look, at this point, DT has a known personality as do many others here that probably isn't going to change. That doesn't mean that this forum has to turn into a bunch of posts that attack back and forth. The fact remains that he's a professional met that offers some experienced analysis and input into each of these situations. Going on the offensive with posts that are purely personal and don't contribute to the meteorological analysis isn't going to change anything because he will contribute to post as will everyone else.

Hey red reminded me of WWB days we were a lot younger ,anyone remember the christmas day storm that caught most off guard except us..Meteortrade nailed that storm and some folks just couldn't get a along , it was legendary to those who read the exchange LOL . Someone called me a liar when LGA was shut down i wonder who. Sorry for the banter.easy does it 

Hey red reminded me of WWB days we were a lot younger ,anyone remember the christmas day storm that caught most off guard except us..Meteortrade nailed that storm and some folks just couldn't get a along , it was legendary to those who read the exchange LOL . Someone called me a liar when LGA was shut down i wonder who. Sorry for the banter.easy does it 

12/25/02

My forecast was for mostly rain with temps in the mid 40s. The rain quickly changed to snow on Christmas. 5 inches fell.

I understand but even the Euro went a tick east. The Euro still could go east. We just have to hope that the other models don't go west.

For me to see the best snow I'm happy with the euro's solution so I won't pretend to be un biased. The euro would have to come pretty far east to get city point east Ito some heavier snows tho

12/25/02

My forecast was for mostly rain with temps in the mid 40s. The rain quickly changed to snow on Christmas. 5 inches fell.

There is no closed low for a good backlash like we got then so that kind of scenario isn't in the cards this time.

This system is going to be much too progressive.

12/25/02 although it didnt produce the highest snowfall totals ive seen IMBY, it still to this day produced the heaviest snow ive seen in my life and also one of only two times ive had thundersnow (blizzard of 96' the other time). THAT was a backlash snow event doubt ill see that again

Archived