• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible NYC snow Wed Night or Thursday

Mitchel Volk

Actually, the NWS snow map for our parts looks really good. Though I think the 10-14/6-8/8-10 areas will probably just be one combined 6-10 area (as the areas that stay mostly snow should accumulate just as easily as the next and it's possible that those NW but not extremely far NW will get the heaviest rates). Towards NYC/NE NJ, I think 1-3 is a good call (probably closer to the 1 for NYC).....quickly ramping up to 3-6 as you gain a bit of elevation (400-600ft). Overall, I like the map

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nov: 3.4"

Dec: 12.7"

Jan: 22.5"

Feb: 15.6"

Mar: 6.6"

Apr: 0.0"

May: 0.0"

Total 60.8"

I'm going with a top 5 winter of all time in terms of snowfall at KNYC. I feel however that a majority of the snow will fall in 3-4 KU events.

By the time thurs comes most of you will be too low on your november calls per the other thread.

My call on November might end up being close to spot on.

That dry slot East of NJ doesn't make any sense. That dry slot should have been to the south and east of the surface low. That's why to me it's an easy decision to toss. It almost has the look of an inverted trough.

Why not? Seems like subsidence from the strong forcing offshore. The precip over the interior is likely borne of upper-air ascent.

The ensemble cluster does give a chance for shift W . There are a lot of amped up members to the W of the mean .

Most are E of OBX  but once to AC  the difference in the GFS and this would make a difference for the NW guys .

Looks like only 8/51 members are East of the OP. The ensemble mean ends up only about 75-100 miles East of ACY which is about 50-75 miles West of the 12z GFS track.

Archived