• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal

Coach McGuirk

This season leading up to now has shown some elements of 86-87 which was the winter it snowed absolutley every single time it could. Hoping this event can start up that pattern, I am already confident about the cold as we progress into Dec.

You have wifi in the depths of your lower level abode? And which century are you referring to relative to 86-87?

The guidance is mixed about cold or warm for Dec, but I would agree that having cold set in already this early is a positive variable for those that like snowfall.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

none of the models are good for me...there is unanimity that this event will suck in my backyard.

I'm pretty sure it's going to suck within 20 miles west/NW of I-95 all the way to the Bay.

I'm still hoping for an inch though.

I should add that any snow in Nov. doesn't suck. But, compared to what it could've been, it sucks lol...

I'm feeling this is going to be one of those storms where I don't know if I should throw myself in with the close in crowd of no hope crappy grass accumulations, or stick with the western burb crowd.. Western fairfaxs county is like it's own thing.. Anyways it still seems like start times are all over the place

Beat me to it.  But only for the colder counties right now apparently. 

This is one of those situations where the higher precision watches and warnings for NW of the cities that goes live on 03 Dec would be useful.  No way the City of Frederick (in a WSW right now) gets more than Parr's Ridge (not in a WSW or Advisory).  It'll be good to see that kick on next month.

Boy, this thing is indeed coming in like a bowling ball in the latest runs.  I sure hope the precip is not outrunning the meager cold coming in.

Archived