joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly the tempo for the week is one of 'coming together' rather than unraveling a potential.  

Just read NCEPs mid-range discussion and they are leaning toward more impact ... yet not committing fully. That, prior to the 12z run and the observations were making re the deep layer mechanics.

Dendrite ... 

I was speaking to the 300mb specifically...  The upper MA and NE regions, at 108 hours of this oper. GFS run are in this region:

post-904-0-15095900-1416676058_thumb.jpg

..which presence a static tendency for lift prior to the arrival/slug of 500mb jet max... When that mid level superimposes up under these annotations above... Look out! 

I would suggest -- :) 

DT banging drums

**** ALERT **** EAST COAST WINTER STORM THREAT INCREASING FOR WED NIGHT / THURSDAY MORNING*** 

SIGNIFICANT IMPACT ON TRAVEL PLANS ON THE EAST COAST rain on the coast is likely for eastern NC se VA delmarva NJ - EVEN in NYC& Long island .. hvy snow well inland ... Mix over I-95 / piedmont that ends as snow

This should of been out hours earlier but I was just way too tired to and could NOT keep my eys open for the European. Sure enough of course the one night I decide not to when all hell breaks loose.
The European model once again is taken the lead in developing an forecasting a significant East Coast winter storm. This is now the fourth run in a row the model has shown this system -- see image #1 -- whle the high resolution 13km GFS ( GFS PARA) has done and no other major flip flop.

Dendrite ... 

I was speaking to the 300mb specifically...  The upper MA and NE regions, at 108 hours of this oper. GFS run are in this region:

attachicon.gifjet.jpg

..which presence a static tendency for lift prior to the arrival/slug of 500mb jet max... When that mid level superimposes up under these annotations above... Look out! 

I would suggest -- :)

I know what you meant John. You said right exit in your original post. I just clarified that you meant right entrance.

You could probably make that statement for almost all areas.

More often, they give me my biggest whiffs.

Thanks, Scott and Dendrite for the explanations.  I kind of understand (and kind of don't ;) ).

29.4/15

I knew Haby would have something on this.

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/charts/300/

Archived