joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know..I was joking with that depiction given the look. Interesting anyways, but still in model la la land.

I actually kind of like seeing the Euro amped up right now...because there's way more room for this to move east than it does to trend west.

I suppose there's always a chance that you get the 100% perfect phase and it tries to run up the CT valley...but almost all the rest of the possibilities in the envelope of solutions are east...so I'm more worried about keeping it close.

I actually kind of like seeing the Euro amped up right now...because there's way more room for this to move east than it does to trend west.

I suppose there's always a chance that you get the 100% perfect phase and it tries to run up the CT valley...but almost all the rest of the possibilities in the envelope of solutions are east...so I'm more worried about keeping it close.

I mean I can see why it would track close, but agree about this being perhaps a classic day 4.5-5 climax west only to tickle east a bit. There actually is a weenie high that builds quickly north of Maine.

Travel day 1971 featured a similar event that buried western New England and Albany and gave good snow to BDL and ORH before the changeover. Difference was antecedent was way colder in 1971. I remember as a 3rd year student going to clinic Wednesday morning with temperatures around 20. Going outside after clinic with an immediate feel of marine taint and temps in the upper 30s I knew I was cooked.

Travel day 1971 featured a similar event that buried western New England and Albany and gave good snow to BDL and ORH before the changeover. Difference was antecedent was way colder in 1971. I remember as a 3rd year student going to clinic Wednesday morning with temperatures around 20. Going outside after clinic with an immediate feel of marine taint and temps in the upper 30s I knew I was cooked.

The '71 storm was a more of a miller B (sort of a hybrid Miller B )...quite a different evolution to this one...but yeah, it was a big hit for interior SNE back through E NY State where they jackpotted with a deformation band. ALmost had similar looking jackpot to the Christmas 2002 storm:

November1971snowfall.png

I agree, I would have seen a shift east this run as a greater cause for concern. Somewhere between the euro bomb and GFS scraper seems reasonable...

Looks warm at 700mb...what do you think would fall in those 6 hours from ORH to LEW verbatim? IP?

Verbatim 850 is quite warm east of the higher terrain (ORH hills to the foothills of ME), but 925 it pretty well below freezing until you reach the coast. So I would guess IP would dominate.

However, that's pretty rare to see widespread IP.

The '71 storm was a more of a miller B (sort of a hybrid Miller B )...quite a different evolution to this one...but yeah, it was a big hit for interior SNE back through E NY State where they jackpotted with a deformation band. ALmost had similar looking jackpot to the Christmas 2002 storm:

November1971snowfall.png

That event must be the largest NOV for ALB area.

Verbatim 850 is quite warm east of the higher terrain (ORH hills to the foothills of ME), but 925 it pretty well below freezing until you reach the coast. So I would guess IP would dominate.

However, that's pretty rare to see widespread IP.

That's what I thought, which is why I was wondering. Of course, its just the euro verbatim, but certainly seems likely to be at least some impact at this point.

11 1/2 hours till 00z!

I agree, I would have seen a shift east this run as a greater cause for concern. Somewhere between the euro bomb and GFS scraper seems reasonable...

It's hard to really make much of a forecast yet given the spread this potential has. I think we're definitely trending toward something impactful...it's easy to get concerned or elated about the verbatim output of each run, but in reality, this will verify different than any of the runs we look at. There's a ton of variables including how much the high pressure builds north of Maine..how much the trough phases with the midwest shortwave, how much the initial vortmax digs, how fast it is, how the jet streaks are oriented.

There's more ways for this to go east than west because we have a progressive flow with limited blocking downstream...however, if we perfectly phase everything quick enough, then we could drive this into BAF or ALB...but I think that scenario is a longshot.

Archived