• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

To answer your earlier question, the euro may be closer to correct, but it's tendency to bomb and curl back lows may be in play too. Someone said the new GFS is still a fish storm?

The GFS has definitely been trending towards the ECM with its handling of the northern stream. The 12z was farther south than the 6z with more phasing potential, and the 18z was even further south than the 12z with the height contours and vorticity associated with the PV.

Boston is a really close call with this storm. If it passes over the Benchmark, it's a monster hit because the storm is really strengthening as it hits the warm SSTs and incorporates the northern energy. However, if it passes over PVD, Boston is all rain.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS has definitely been trending towards the ECM with its handling of the northern stream. The 12z was farther south than the 6z with more phasing potential, and the 18z was even further south than the 12z with the height contours and vorticity associated with the PV.

Boston is a really close call with this storm. If it passes over the Benchmark, it's a monster hit because the storm is really strengthening as it hits the warm SSTs and incorporates the northern energy. However, if it passes over PVD, Boston is all rain.

You have to factor the idea that even a perfect track makes big snow tough on 11/26 on the cp.

I agree wholeheartedly agree, Nate.

Boston is right on the precipice of rather large snowfall, it would appear.

The city looks to be the battle line.

I know what you meant John. You said right exit in your original post. I just clarified that you meant right entrance.

OH, haha. sorry. Right, it's the entrance region folks -- that's a reversi typo.

Also, wow at the 12z Euro... almost too far west and rainy of all things, but potent... Again, I think this situation bears some 

uniqueness for a compressed flow over all, in that there is a huge ...I mean, chart topper q-vector forcing due to that entrance/exit couple between the 300 and 500mb levels.  Thunder snow not out of the question.... Getting into D4.5 now so we can start preliminary consideration for details. 

No cooking and no football on Thanksgiving with no power. You may be the only one sick enough on here to enjoy that. :lol:

Yeah I mean ... at any time of the year... Ice storms, I'll take in photos and stories only, thanks.

I don't see what the draw is there, because ..you can't enjoy a storm if you can't share and/or study the parameters with others and that takes the media of all kinds.  These people that wish on those damn things shoot their own feet. 

Just a phenomenol disco from Sipprell today.. he's kind of like a young Walt  Drag

SNOWS / HEAVY RAIN...HIGHEST CONFIDENCE ACROSS THE N/W INTERIOR FOR

SNOW WITH HEAVY RAIN OVER SE MA...BUT STILL A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY AS
HIGHLIGHTED IN THE DISCUSSION ABOVE. NOT EVEN DOES CIPS ANALOGS
PROVIDE SIGNIFICANT CONFIDENCE...AND WITH THE WOBBLING OF MODEL
SOLUTIONS CONCERNING THE TRACK / STRENGTH OF THE LOW...IT IS ANYONES
GUESS AS TO SNOWFALL AMOUNTS.

Man am i pumped for this.We surmised this was a possibility last week and sure as sam..it appears to be coming true. 6-12 OTG as we dig into pumpkin pie and stuffing...watching the Cowboys roll to 8-3

Jeez i know the boys' are having a banner year and all but i still cant put faith in the cowboys. Too many mediocre to sub par seasons the past several years. Eagles still win the NFC east even with the sanchize at QB :lol:

Wish it wasn't a sh*t airmass ahead of it. That's a sweet track on the GFS otherwise.

Man, you are really pessimistic on this.

GFS was actually qualitatively similar to 12z, just quantitatively more robust.

General 6-12".

Lightest near the NY state border, heaviest from Milford to Norwood.

I think that snow map is bonkers, but that is what it depicts.

Man, you are really pessimistic on this.

GFS was actually qualitatively similar to 12z, just quantitatively more robust.

General 6-12".

Lightest near the NY state border, heaviest from Milford to Norwood.

I think that snow map is bonkers, but that is what it depicts.

He speaks like one used to being screwed this time of year, and climo and it being almost 5 full days out. The type of event depicted doesn't grow on trees in Novie.

Yes. I was speaking locally. Ray actually is in a decent spot on the GFS for sure. GFS actually pins the CF near BOS.

I keep for getting that you've moved...I'd be reserved living s of Boston,too.

The GFS map seems to liberal with accumulations over se MA, but its irrelevant, I guess.

Archived