• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

You are supposed to be one of our realist vs idealist anchors. lol We can't let it be too disheartening when it's 3.5 days out in November and models are offering possibilities of snow.

The lack of a solid cold air mass is the first prelude to sorrow. The possibility of a strung out, too far E mess is clearly another.

Disheartening was too strong of a word. Perhaps boring is a more apt term....

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I was going to delete that, but I got gang-banged before I could lol You've been waiting to pounce on me since the "tepid" lashing that you took

Lol.

In all seriousness though its still a D4 storm, so these 50-75 mile wiggles are no real cause for concern. What you want to look for is an established trend among the same models...or a set of models. We haven't really seen that yet. I'm pretty sure the OP Euro will tick east, but that's because it really has nowhere else to go given the 12z solution.

We'll see what 12z does tomorrow...if all or most of the models go east again at 12z and turn this into a scraper, then it would be more legit to worry about a miss. I mean, nobody should be shocked if it misses even now gien the information we have...but a hit would have to be considered more likely.

PD II had a classic example of what an entrance region can do. Many times, it's those right entrance regions that help develop the LLJ and overrunning.

Areas of strong confluence to the north are also often a great source of a right-entrance region, since confluent flow often greatly speeds up mid and upper level westerlies just north of us. That's why a lot of our classics have the strong cutoffs but then quickly heavy precipitation -- the confluence can suppress the heavy precipitation, but also generates a lot of lift where it actually is precipitating. 

If I remember right, wasn't the 12z a very nice hit for SNE?

It was ok...it flipped to rain for a good chunk but a pretty solid hit on the front end. Looked like a sleet/ice zone in the interior hills too.

But again, these details mean very little right now.

I'm fairly pleased...I'm still worried more about an escape east. I was actually surprised it managed to stay on course this run because the western ridge was flatter at 72-84 hours leading into it.

We certainly have some wiggle room east so that is encouraging as well which would help some of the coastal dwellers

Archived