joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 700 and 500 fields look good in VT. Maybe you are on the NW fringe, but on the 6z GFS, SNE tries dryslotting by 6z Thursday before the mid level stuff moves in near dawn. 

Yeah its close up here... I'm not worried given the upcoming gradient pattern look.  I think we'll have plenty of events coming up that might favor the western interior, but I'd like to grab even 2" out of this one just to whiten things up again.  Don't need the EURO's 12+, though wouldn't say no either, haha.

These maps are so different from the SV maps..both wrong..but I don't understand why they are so different

B3GxblBIQAAOCZd.jpg

I've read they are basic 10:1 ratios and don't correctly account for warming at various layers of the atmosphere.  Last year it was clear they counted sleet/ice as snow as well.  

Yeah its close up here... I'm not worried given the upcoming gradient pattern look.  I think we'll have plenty of events coming up that might favor the western interior, but I'd like to grab even 2" out of this one just to whiten things up again.  Don't need the EURO's 12+, though wouldn't say no either, haha.

You'll easily grab 2". 

Whining about getting 6" of snow vs 9" while others get rain is highly annoying.

Haha, the forum dynamics based on the geographic regional coverage.  Everyone does it from time to time.  Like if me, Dryslot and MPM are smoking cirrus but someone in SNE is complaining because two towns over is jackpotting but they aren't, or coastal front exhuast is only giving them 5" vs. 8-9" a couple miles away.  It goes both ways. 

OT, but still storm-related:  I don't do the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving.  But, given the spring-like temperatures today, this will be the one to string lights and anchor down the reindeer.  Lest we might be trying to do it in the snow.

Actually, turning them on may allow for much better night-time viewing of the snow situation Wednesday night.  It goes against all my Christmas traditions to do so, but if I'm doing it for snow obs, I think there's a dispensation.

OT, but still storm-related: I don't do the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. But, given the spring-like temperatures today, this will be the one to string lights and anchor down the reindeer. Lest we might be trying to do it in the snow.

Actually, turning them on may allow for much better night-time viewing of the snow situation Wednesday night. It goes against all my Christmas traditions to do so, but if I'm doing it for snow obs, I think there's a dispensation.

If I was to put up lights I would opt for the warmer scenario

Haha, the forum dynamics based on the geographic regional coverage.  Everyone does it from time to time.  Like if me, Dryslot and MPM are smoking cirrus but someone in SNE is complaining because two towns over is jackpotting but they aren't, or coastal front exhuast is only giving them 5" vs. 8-9" a couple miles away.  It goes both ways. 

Well there is only one person that does that.  :whistle:

Good spot but ends up not a good spot most times although there is some wiggle room

I think I'll take the euro and the massive 1.50" QPF dump. It's been awhile since I've had something like that. With that op run, it'd be possible to keep pack up here from Thanksgiving through the end of winter if we get dealt a good hand.

Archived