joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing Euro has going for it is it's always done well with Miller A's originating in the Gulf like it does with this one..but still tame it down some to 2 waves and you've got your likely solution

Oh how we pray the Euro sticks with that solution and the GFS doesn't ( it will be gone by noon though) lol. would be great to see the squirming though, rest of us will prepare the bird and sit back and enjoy the carnage.

It's just not the pattern for a bomb like that. At worst it's anafrontal type stuff IMO. Even that isn't high confidence.  The euro op digs the s/w over the coastal Gulf of Mexico and then pumps up heights in the east so that it kind of phases with the trough to the north. The GFS isn't too far off, but the s/w is sort of cutoff from the trough to the north and cannot amplfy enough to develop a low.

I can picture Scooter running around his workplace Tuesday, every bit of model info rattling through his head ,models in total disagreement, airlines and pilots screaming at him. He loses it and shreds his clothes and just runs around screaming god darn weenies god darn weenies, I can't control them, them and their damn weenie snow maps.

I can picture Scooter running around his workplace Tuesday, every bit of model info rattling through his head ,models in total disagreement, airlines and pilots screaming at him. He loses it and shreds his clothes and just runs around screaming god darn weenies god darn weenies, I can't control them, them and their damn weenie snow maps.

Oh believe me, the airlines are already getting nervous. Hey maybe I'm wrong and the euro op wins. The ensemble has some support for it, but I don't throw all my eggs in one basket on the "better" guidance either. It's had a few problems in the day 5-6 time already this year. It's in the period where things start to shift around so you can't really take any solution seriously. 

Oh believe me, the airlines are already getting nervous. Hey maybe I'm wrong and the euro op wins. The ensemble has some support for it, but I don't throw all my eggs in one basket on the "better" guidance either. It's had a few problems in the day 5-6 time already this year. It's in the period where things start to shift around so you can't really take any solution seriously. 

All you can do is plan on some snow for certain..and go from there

of course you know I am kidding with you. Hope either way you get consensus to make it a easier forecast.

Guys, lets keep this thread more analytical...a lot of semi-banter in here.

Will--would you be against having a 'banter' storm thread along with this 'analytical' thread.  Moderators can toss anything remotely banter from the 'strict analysis and interpretation' thread.  Thus, this thread would be cleaner and 'mby' questions and 'how bad will the traffic' be comments will have their own home.

Archived