joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Thu night/Early Fri light snow

ORH_wxman

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at 500' elevation/33F here at 06798.  It's been raining here for about 2 hours.  An hour ago, I fired up the Jeep and headed up to my buddy's, about a mile away.  He's at 800'/31F.  He's been snowing since 7:30.  Winter wonderland, solid coating, hypnotic flakes with the high beams.  Came back down the hill just now, back to rain, 32F, with a few wet flakes mixing in. But he was out of beer, and I have an icy 6-pack...umm, 5-pack...well, 4-pack...

Enjoy, all!

Too funny.

A solid coating to 1/4" on the ground now. Everything is white, but the pavement is just wet.

Snow has lightened for now, but a moderate burst may work through here in a bit as that heavier band moves in from the west.

Sounds good, Mitch.  Really light intensity.  Glad I have kept expectations low.

Amazing how a 2-hour burst of good snow can change the landscape from brown and dead, to pasted white.

Great little over-performer to start the season off in town.

post-352-0-06477600-1415931987.jpg

When I took the dog out I saw something I don't recall ever seeing before

There was a single aggregate (dime sized) suspended in mid air. I looked more closely and it had fallen onto a spire thread or some other critters thread that was all but invisible Very cool looking

When I took the dog out I saw something I don't recall ever seeing before

There was a single aggregate (dime sized) suspended in mid air. I looked more closely and it had fallen onto a spire thread or some other critters thread that was all but invisible Very cool looking

Hows your snow growth or flake type?  I was just surprised at despite the borderline temps of 33-34F when it started, just how fluffy the snow was.  These were huge silver dollar flakes that accumulate efficiently on everything.  Might have pulled 1.5" out of like 0.05" liquid.  At least the grass is pretty solidly covered for the cold shot this weekend.

Archived