Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November 2014 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know for sure but it looks like 5-7".

I love it up there...I was staying at a lodge up there in April 4 or 5 yeas ago and there was a surprise storm with close to six inches. That was the first year in a long time that they opened up the lodges that early. It was awesome watching the snow approach over the ridges to the west.

A little extra snow for those who already got some...

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC234 AM EST FRI NOV 28 2014MDZ501-WVZ503-281500-/O.EXB.KLWX.WW.Y.0023.000000T0000Z-141128T1500Z/EXTREME WESTERN ALLEGANY-WESTERN MINERAL-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FROSTBURG...ELK GARDEN234 AM EST FRI NOV 28 2014...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST THISMORNING...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HASISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECTUNTIL 10 AM EST THIS MORNING.* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 4 INCHES TOTAL THROUGH MID-MORNING FRIDAY.* TIMING...MODERATE SNOW OVERNIGHT AND EARLY MORNING WILL TAPER  OFF TO FLURRIES BY MID-MORNING FRIDAY.* TEMPERATURES...FALLING TO 15 TO 20 DEGREES BY DAYBREAK.* WINDS...WEST NORTHWEST 15 TO 20 MPH.* IMPACTS...ROADS WILL BE SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY. SNOW AND  BLOWING SNOW WILL REDUCE VISIBILITY BELOW ONE-HALF MILE AT  TIMES.
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC234 AM EST FRI NOV 28 2014VAZ503-WVZ501-505-281500-/O.EXT.KLWX.WW.Y.0023.000000T0000Z-141128T1500Z/WESTERN HIGHLAND-WESTERN GRANT-WESTERN PENDLETON-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HIGHTOWN...BAYARD...MOUNT STORM...CIRCLEVILLE234 AM EST FRI NOV 28 2014...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST THISMORNING...* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 5 INCHES TOTAL THROUGH MID-MORNING FRIDAY.* TIMING...MODERATE SNOW OVERNIGHT AND EARLY MORNING WILL TAPER  OFF TO FLURRIES BY MID-MORNING FRIDAY.* TEMPERATURES...FALLING TO 15 TO 20 DEGREES BY DAYBREAK.* WINDS...NORTHWEST 15 TO 20 MPH.* IMPACTS...ROADS WILL BE SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY. SNOW AND  BLOWING SNOW WILL REDUCE VISIBILITY BELOW ONE-HALF MILE AT  TIMES.

Light snow all day yesterday and overnight left us with over 5" of powder on top of the 8-12" of base snow from Wednesday.  I can only hope that Christmas will have as nice of weather as Thanksgiving did -- it was a perfect winter wonderland yesterday.

Now I'm off to play in the snow, going to break in my cross country skis for the season.

Archived