joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 2 Storm Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z hrrr sim radar has decent returns through 5-6z tonight over central / eastern areas .. would think if precip lingers that long, low lvl cold air should be adequate for interior flakes at the very least? I'm still a little skeptical of steady precip lingering like it shows, but it has also been consistent over the past couple runs. 

also up to 0.33" in the rain gauge as of 4 pm

Down to 34F in Gilford...not sure what the ptype is up there around 1300'.

38.9F here and -RA.

37.5F light rain.  Just drove up to 1600 feet and it was still just very light rain.  Precip is very light right now.  Temp most of the day was 38.5F but slowly falling now.  Earlier this PM when I drove up to the top of the road it was mixed but precip was harder at that time

He lives in taunton. Hes in east taunton, I'm on the west side

Thanks guys.  Now if I could only get the west edge of the precip 10 miles further west I would probably be having a mix right nowdown to 37.0F  If we can get into the steady precip up here in the next hour or two I'll drive to the top of our ridge at 1700 feet and report in

AQW in the Berkshires is over to UP...probably a sloppy light snow or grains and that's at 650ft.

So Berkshires and Greens are getting frozen precip at low elevations even with light precipitation...I'm surprised BML and HIE haven't gone over to frozen precip on the north side of the Presidentials where cold can more easily ooze in.

AQW in the Berkshires is over to UP...probably a sloppy light snow or grains and that's at 650ft.

So Berkshires and Greens are getting frozen precip at low elevations even with light precipitation...I'm surprised BML and HIE haven't gone over to frozen precip on the north side of the Presidentials where cold can more easily ooze in.

Check out the PD Meso net site.. There's clearly some cold conveyor paralleling the cordillera of the Greens into the Berks.. 

http://www.pdfamily.com/weather/mesomap.htm

UP isn't always snow.

Edit: Although I agree that there's probably some cat paws mixing it.

Sometimes drizzle comes in as UP too.

The snow level in Rensselaer County, NY just across the MA border was about 1500ft around 5pm this afternoon.  Freezing level was probably just above 2200ft.  I saw a few wet flakes down to about 1200ft or so.  The radar doesn't show much there now so I have no idea what it's doing.  Light rain in Albany with 40f.

Archived