joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Obs

jburns

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're at UT? That's where I went to school! :-)

I am! Today is actually my one year work-versary; I manage the Sustainability Office for the campus. I still have LYW going out of Cullowhee, however my employees handle everything right now. My wife and I are trying hard to find a way back to the Whee, but the job market in the Whee simply didnt allow us to do what we wanted to do. One day, one day. Till then its weekend trips as its only 2 hrs and not a bad drive at all. 

I'm currently at a conference in Nashville. I totally missed the snow this morning, because I'm staying in the Opryland Resort. This place is huge, and I haven't been outside since I arrived yesterday. Quite the commercialized resort. It's its own little town, all to itself.

Calc,

If you get a chance and love to eat steak, try Demo's in Nashville as I bet you'd be pleased:

http://www.demosrestaurants.com

What a cold morning in ATL and much of the SE. Today's low at KATL is about 7 lower than the coldest normal low of mid Jan!

Edit: notice how well KATL does with lows on mornings with steady NW winds blowing.

Calc,

If you get a chance and love to eat steak, try Demo's in Nashville as I bet you'd be pleased:

http://www.demosrestaurants.com

What a cold morning in ATL and much of the SE. Today's low at KATL is about 7 lower than the coldest normal low of mid Jan!

Edit: notice how well KATL does with lows on mornings with steady NW winds blowing.

Pretty uniform when this happens.

Pretty uniform when this happens.

Indeed. This tells us there's nothing wrong with Hartsfield's thermometer. On these windy occasions, KATL is often no more than a degree warmer than the coldest ATL metro station. During wedge/winter storm events, KATL is similarly uniform (not surprising).

Archived